Chapter 8

"Dad, can we change a car for a couple of months once my kids are born?"

"Huh? why?"

"I don't feel safe it they ride in my car. It's too small."

"But your car is strong enough, Lisa." Mr. Kim took a seat beside her as he set a tray full of food on the table. Her parents in law traveled back and forth Seoul and New Zealand for the sake of their daughters and grand kids.

"Still. . ." Lisa tossed one dumpling in her mouth. "I talk to Nini to trade in her car, she agrees with it but she insist we change it to pink Range Rover and I'm like. . . Dads, Range Rover is a tough, big, sporty car. The color can not be pink." She spoke as a matter of fact. "I'll bring it up again when her hormone back to normal which may not happen before the babies are born."

"Well, sure. You can use mine." Both of older guys laughed.

They chit chat while eating tasty dim sum. Lisa groaned loudly when her father dragged her out to the field.

"Remind me again please, Dads, why are we here?" Lisa was bored to death.

"Because Jennie forbids you to join her pregnancy club?" Her father narrowed his eyes to measure the distance of the hole then swung his golf club.

"What did you do exactly, Lisa?" Mr. Kim asked her with an amused expression.

"I didn't do anything. I merely told them about pregnancy from medical perspective," she answered. "Apparently, they didn't really appreciate it."

Lisa was telling the truth. She just left the fact that she constantly threw boring scientific statement -- it was more like arguing, really -- every time their coach opened her mouth and in Jennie's opinion, Lisa ruined the fun and enigma of pregnancy for all club members.

"There are many options to deliver our baby. One of the way is water birth--"

"The safety of that procedure is not scientifically proven." Lisa raised her hand as she spoke loudly, interrupting the middle-aged woman.

"I has been widely reported that water delivery decreased the pain because the warmth of the water may produce a sedative effect, and the mother can adjust to comfortable position." The woman was pissed. It wasn't the first time Lisa cut her off and made her look like a moron in front of the participant.

"But in case you forget, the baby needs oxygen as soon as he's out of his Mom's womb."

"The baby lives inside the amniotic sac for nine months!"

"Well he doesn't breath at that time. When he's out, his lungs are going to expand and he needs the oxygen to keep him alive. Can you imagine yourself to breath under the water?"

And the debate went on and on.

"But--"

"I appreciate it, Baby, I really do." Jennie had both of her hands on Lisa's head.

"But--"

"You're terrifying all those pregnant ladies," Jennie stated softly. "You are the smartest person I've ever known and I totally understand what you're trying to do but I don't think you should join my class anymore."

"Babe--"

"That's okay, really. Besides, you can have two hours off for yourself. Play game or something."

"I'll shut up from now on. I swear I'm not going to say anything even though your coach is totally wrong illogical."

"It's still no, Baby. Now, let's sleep."