Chapter 19

"Get out of the way!" A tall man pushed through the crowd. "Get out of the way!" As soon as he entered the ES, he quickly found an empty bed and set Lisa down.

Seulgi, who was sitting at nurse station, instantly stood up at the noise.

"it's Dr. Lisa Manoban!" Shouted the security guard.

Seulgi ran to Lisa's bed. She gasped loudly looking at her best friend covered in blood. There were bruises and small cuts on her face. She was shaking and pale. "Bring her to trauma two!"

A few residents and paramedics immediately moved as ordered.

"Seul, what the hell? I heard Lisa'name?" Jisoo burst into the room. "Oh my God!"

The medical team quickly ripped out Lisa clothes.

"Lisa, hang on, okay? I need to see the wound." Seulgi spoke softly to console Lisa. "Lift her on my count. Gentle, people! One, two, three!"

Lisa grunted loudly as the pain stabbed her hole body again.

"Right thigh, through and through, Dr. Kang."

"Abdomen through! And not through." Seulgi whispered the last part dejectedly.

"Seul?" Jisoo urged Seulgi to speak the situation as she wore the gloves.

"Not through. The bullet is still in there."

"In the abdomen?"

Seulgi didn't have to answer that. Jisoo already comprehended from the look on her face.

"Lisa, look at me." The general surgeon shook Lisa's shoulder. "You're going to be fine, alright? We got you."

Lisa shakily smiled. Her eyes were dim. "S - Seul, my ring. Take my ring." She was chocking for oxygen. "G - give it back t - to my wife. Tell he - her, tell her I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. A - and I love her. Tell her that. And tell urgh!" She growled at the extreme pain from somewhere on her body. Her body was not hers anymore. It felt alien. She didn't recognize it. "Tell my - my Aorta, Artery, and Ve - Venous I'm sorry. I love them so so much. Tell them."

"No." Seulgi replied firmly. "They're your family. They're not mine. You're going to say it yourself because you're going to be fine. You hear me? You're going to be fine."

"O - okay. But - but tell them. Tell them I love them."

Then her smile faded.

---

"I know you're scared, Lisa. I know your past make you feel this way. I am, too. I don't think I'd be able to love someone this much but I do. I'm yours. Don't doubt what we have."

"This feel surreal, you know? What did I do to deserve someone like you?"

"You're moved my world to a better place. I'm not letting you go, Lisa. Not now,  not ever. I'm so crazy right now. You make me crazy."

"I've always been wondering how," Lisa took Jennie's hand and held it gently. "How can a smile, your smile, steal my breath away that easy?"

"And I also have always been wondering how your hug can give me eternal peace and a sense of safety? How did you do that?"

"I don't know." Lisa whispered lowly. She pulled her fiancée closer, wrapping her arms around her, taking her time to savor her scent.

"Don't ever let your hold off of me, Lisa. Don't ever do that."

----

"No pulse. V-fib! She's crashing!"

Seulgi instinctively started cardiac compression while the others preparing for the defibrillator. She used all her energy to help Lisa's heart pumping enough blood.