Chapter 11

"Hey, here's your morning coffee." Nancy slid the cup towards Lisa cheerfully.

Lisa didn't avert her eyes from her phone. She was replying her wife's message to do some errand before she came home.

"What are you doing?" Nancy tried sneak a peek.

"I'm married, Dr. McDonie." Lisa locked her phone and sighed. "I'm sorry I can't accept this." She mentioned the coffee.

"I know you're married." Nancy smiled uncomfortably. She really didn't need that reminder. "It's just a coffee. You look exhausted so I thought you might need one."

" I can get it myself." She stated firmly. "I appreciate your consideration but I can't accept this." She handed the cup back. "Thank you."

"..."

"Look Dr. McDonie, you're my wife's friend and I respect you for that. I don't know what you're trying to do but I think you've passed the boundaries." After months of ignoring her resident action, she couldn't take it any longer. She decided to come clean and end it right here and then.

"..."

"She says nothing but good things about you. Don't disappoint her, Dr. McDonie. Good day."

"Wait!" Nancy shouted. "Did you tell her?"

"I hope I don't have to."

Lisa walked away from the nurse station leaving Nancy broken hearted.

---

Entering the six months, the triplets' frequency of crying increased drastically. Their teeth were starting to erupt, causing unrecognizable pain for them. Special case for Venous, she lost her big appetite making her parents worried. She was the tiniest among all. Obviously, she needed the nutrient a lot more than Aorta and Artery. There was no way but to push her a little bit harder on feeding matter.

Lisa and Jennie took their children to their pediatrician for follow up and vaccination on schedule. According to their Doctor their growth and development charts were still in the perfect line. Both dada and mommy were relieved at the statement.

Mr. Lee gave Jennie more time to consider her option. She was a good lawyer after all. Besides, she already had many loyal clients whom didn't want anyone but her to handle their cases. He clearly didn't want to lose his precious senior partner.

The old man even approached Lisa to persuade Jennie to stay at his firm.

"Who's calling you?" Jisoo asked when they were having lunch. Lisa had been ignoring that certain call since the morning report.

"Nini's boss."

"Why would he call you?"

"Nini wants to quit but he won't let her go that easy." Lisa slurped her soup. "It's not that she doesn't like it there or something. She just feels bad for leaving so long and till now, she's still reluctant to leave the triplets."

"You should take it though. It's not polite to keep him waiting like that."

Lisa knew for sure what the phone call was about. She listened every word he said holding her groan with much effort. She liked Mr. Lee. He was actually a nice boss but he started to get on her nerves.

"Alright, Mr. Lee. Thank you."

"So?"

"Chu, even though I have a say on this matter, it still will be Nini's decision at last. She always dismisses it when I bring up about work."