Chapter 3

Both women stared at the white device silently. Trembling fingers couldn't hold the test pack as it fell to the floor. They weren't expecting that they success on the first try. However, it didn't hurt any less. Jennie bit her lower lip as an effort to push the sadness but failed miserably. Her body shook when the tears descended freely on her cheeks.

She felt a pair of familiar arms wrapped around her tightly.

"It's okay, Nini." She heard her wife whispered. "It's going to be okay." She clutched to Lisa as if her life depended on her.

---

Lisa was quiet throughout the movie. Jennie knew she was disappointed. Her eyes maybe set on the screen but her mind was obviously wandering to the other thing. She scooted closer to Lisa as she set her chin on her wife's shoulder.

"I'm sorry."

"Hm?" Lisa turned to her. "Why?"

"I failed."

Lisa smiled a little. "It's not your fault. It's only our first try, Baby. It's sucks, but definitely not our fault."

"If we try again and it still doesn't work. What will we do?" Jennie asked hesitantly.

"We'll get him. We'll have a kid. In one way to another. I'll make sure we have our own little family."

"Should we talk to Sana?"

"I'll talk to her on Monday. Today, we will have a nice quiet quality time for ourselves and maybe nice candlelit dinner tonight?"

That got Jennie smiled a bit. "What do you want for dinner then? I have meat, if you want?"

Lisa shook her head as she pecked her wife's lips. "Let's go to that Italian you love so much. Also, do you want to go to spa beforehand? Or better yet, let's stay at a hotel tonight! We can have a private spa, candlelit dinner and breakfast on the bad all in one package." Lisa suddenly grinned widely.

"Why are you suddenly so romantic?" Jennie chuckled.

"I think we need more practice to make a baby." She winked playfully earning a light slap from Jennie. "You can't deny it, though." She tucked Jennie's hair behind her ear, looking into her eyes tenderly. "It's going to be like a second honeymoon. Remember Cape Town?" She pecked her right cheek, left cheek, right eye, left eye, the tip of Jennie's nose. "Just you and me."

"I love you." Jennie pulled her neck and kissed her hungrily. "You have no idea."

Lisa smiled at her turned on wife. "Please bring along my favorite sexy lingerie."

---

"Thank God we don't have to pay you." The three surgeons walked through the hall towards the cafeteria.

"I thought your insurance company covers the procedures?" Jisoo asked.

"Half of it." Lisa answered. "The price I have to pay for my kid. He's not even born yet." She shook her head, chuckling to the thought of her future child.

"I'm glad to help, Unnie. I can't wait for the mini you and Jennie run around and give you headache!" Sana laughed. "How's Jennie, by the way?" The ob-gyn doctor was concern. It was their third attempt after all. The first fail might be bearable, but not for second. The sadness was too obvious not to notice.

"She's good. She's coping up." Lisa patted Sana's shoulder. Lisa knew that somehow Sana felt guilty about the situation even though she had no say in this. She had done her best. The matter was because the higher power had not given his blessing for them.

"You'll get them, Limario. You'll get them somehow." Jisoo smiled supportivelly at her best friend.

"Thanks."