Chapter 9

"Unnie!" Jennie gasped.

"Hm?" Her fingers kept on dancing on the keyboard.

"Irene Unnie!" She shouted.

"What is it, Jen--" The pale look upon her friend's face made the irritation go away. "Jen, are you okay?" She stood up from the floor, walking rapidly towards the latter.

"Jen?"

"I think... no, it is. Unnie, my water breaks." Jennie quietly said.

"Holy shi--"

"No swearing in front of my babies!"

"Oh dear what do we do?!" She panicked.

"Call Sana. Don't you dare go panic on me, Unnie. If anything, only me have the right to be panic right now. Call Sana right now," she ordered. "My phone is in my purse."

Jennie sat straightly to prevent the water flew more.

"Shouldn't we call Lisa first?" Irene went through Jennie's contact list looking for Sana's number.

"No, don't call her. Call Sana!"

"Okay, okay. Sheesh. Sana Minatozaki where the hell are you," she mumbled while scrolling. "Got it. I got it." Irene pressed the call button. It rang a few times before the ob-gyn doctor picked up.

"Hello?"

"Sana. It's Irene. Hear me out, don't interrupt me. Jennie's water breaks just now. I don't know how, she didn't do anything crazy. What do we do? I'm going crazy!"

"How much?"

"Jen, how much?"

"I don't know! Not that much... maybe?"

"Not much? She's not sure either."

"Where are you guys now?"

"At Jen's house. Sana, what do we do?! You ask too much!"

"Okay, just stay calm. Tell Jennie to relax, breathe normally, I'll send an ambulance to pick her up, okay?"

"Okay, okay, we'll try to relax. By--"

"Tell her don't tell Lisa!" Jennie suddenly shouted.

"Wh-"

"Irene--"

"Sana don't tell Lisa!"

The woman chuckled. "Okay, I wont."

The line went dead and none of the girls knew what to do but wait for the help to come.

---

"Do you feel any strong contraction?" Sana performed the examination.

"Not really, four times during these past half hour and not that strong. I can bear."

"Is there any bloody mucous?"

"No, it's just clean water."

"Alright, I need to see it using the speculum, okay?"

"Yeah, sure go ahead."

Sana did the examination as gently as she could. She felt guilty for keeping Lisa in the dark in this situation. Although she understood why Jennie didn't want Lisa to know yet.

She pulled out the litmus paper as it turned to blue. "Well, your water does break." Sana sighed subtly. "I want to keep you here for... say, two days at least. You need total bed rest and I'll do everything I can to keep your baby inside for few more weeks. Also, I have to give you a shot of steroid once a day for two days. It will help your babies's lungs to develop nicely. Okay?"