Chapter 7

"We have three gestational sacs. Which means, you're having three babies in one go." Sana grinned from ear to ear. She was happy to deliver the joyful news to the couple.

"Oh God," Jennie gasped in shock. "Three babies? I'm having triplets?!"

"Holy shh-"

"Lili, don't swear in front of the babies!"

"Sugar. . ." Lisa changed her cursed word right away." Three?!"

The universe precisely knew how to mess with Lisa. The three oval patterns on the screen were clear evidence of what kind of live she'd be living for the next nine months ahead. She was not an obstetrician but she had enough knowledge about this matter.

"Babe, triplets! Oh my God! They're going to be so cute!" Jennie squeezed Lisa's hand excitedly. Her eyes formed the perfect crescent shape indicating how ecstatic she was by Sana's statement. She shortened their distance then gave Lisa a soft kiss on her lips. "I love you."

"I love you." Lisa returned the kiss.

Sana let the couple to hear their babies' heartbeat. It wasn't that strong since they were still so tiny but it was enough to make the parents to be incredibly happy. Lisa had listened so many types of heartbeats in her live but nothing could beat those that she was listening now.

They were beyond beautiful.

And she didn't dare to imagine if one of those hearts stop beating.

Jennie was busy talking animatedly to Sana to notice the forceful smile Lisa had on her face. Multiple pregnancies associated with a higher rate of neonatal morbidity and mortality, paralleling the increased risk of preterm delivery, low birth weight, and other associated high-risk morbidities. So frankly, Lisa was far from relieved at the moment.

Sana made a DVD and printed the paper as documentary for a couple. She prescribed all supplements Jennie needed and informed them about what to do and not to do and every signs that they had to be aware. After the consultation session was done, Jennie excused herself to the toilet inside Sana's practice room.

"Lisa Unnie, try to be more relax. If I don't know you very well, I'd say you're not happy about this." Sana spoke lowly even though Jennie couldn't hear their conversation.

"Sana, you know exactly how dangerous multiple pregnancy is. I can end up losing them all." Lisa sighed wearily. All of sudden her energy oozed out of her.

"Hey, I'll be with you guys in every step of the way, okay? If something happen, we'll figure something out." The obstetrician patted Lisa's arm supportively. "Now show her some blissful spirit otherwise you'll end up sleeping on the couch for being an ungrateful partner." Sana whispered the last part at the same time Jennie walked out of the toilet.

"What are you guys talking about?" Jennie cheerfully linked her arm to Lisa's.

"Oh nothing, just work stuff." Sana replied smoothly. "Anything else I can help?"

"As the matter of fact, yes. Come to our house for dinner this weekend, I want to thank you properly. I'll ask Dahyun personally to accompany you. What do you say?"

"But you're not cooking, tough. No heavy physical activity, remember?" Lisa interjected.

"Cooking is not heavy at all."

"Yes it is, Babe."

"But--"

"It's a no." Lisa stated calmly but the determined voice was loud enough for Jennie to understand that she wasn't down to any argument.