Chapter 18

"Aorta, Artery, Venous say hello to Noonas and Unnies. Bow. Greet them politely." Lisa let go of Venous and Aorta's hand so they could bow properly.

The triplets followed their dada's command and cutely said hello to Lisa's resident. It was something that those young doctors had never seen in Lisa. She was not the cold hearted, ruthless, Dr. Lalisa Manoban when she was with her children. She was merely Lalisa Manoban, the mother of Aorta, Artery, and Venous.

"Hello!" The resident greeted them back.

"Good kids!" Lisa squatted to their level, giving triplets a kiss. "My babies are so cute!"

"Bye-bye!" The group of residents waved to them.

Lisa led the kids to the day care. Jennie couldn't bring them to her office because, "court all day," Jennie had said shortly this morning. She also left in hurry after a barely actual goodbye kiss.

Lisa stayed at the day care for a while. She watched the triplets played with other kids in there. At the corner of the room, she saw a scale. She was curious about her current weight. She had felt a little weightier. She also realized that she had eaten too much, double the usual portion. She'd blame the triplets for it but unlike her, they did need the nutrition.

Lisa gasped at the number that was showing on the digital scale. "Oh my God," she whispered in horror. "This can't be..."

Lisa buried her face in her hands, too terrified to accept the reality. She chuckled nervously at the revelation of her weight. The first digit had changed. 51kg, such a bad dream came true.

"Have Dada gained weight?" Venous asked innocently. The young girl stood beside her dada, looking at the number. "Dada is really big!"

"Yah Ve! don't say things like that," Lisa laughed embarrassingly. "This is becuaue Aorta, Artery, and Venous always eat a lot."

"Hm?" Venous tilted her head, not buying that statement.

"You guys eat really well. It makes me gets hungry, too," Lisa explained. "But Dada will start the diet, okay? Will Venous help Dada?"

"How?"

"We can visit the park and do some workout. How's that sound?"

"It will be fun since we can play at the park, right Dada?" Venous spoke excitedly. Her grin extended to those pretty eyes of hers.

"Yes, it will, Sweetheart. Now go play with Ve's friends, alright? Dada will come visit again for lunch." Lisa pulled her little girl and hugged her tight. She also bid temporary farewell to Aorta and Artery. The boys placed a sweet kiss on her nose. They even promised to have lunch together. There was a hazy intense mellow feeling for brief moment. Lisa cleared her throat and let them dashed off.

I'll see them at lunch, Lisa thought.

---

"Limario!"

The head of cardio department stopped at her track. Turning her heels, Lisa increased her brow as Jisoo ran towards her.

"Gosh, I've been running around so much this morning."

"Where are you heading?" Lisa slipped her hands inside her lab coat. The two then walked slowly.

"ER. Got burn trauma patient. You?"

"Ward. I haven't done my round."

"I see. By the way, are you okay?"

Lisa frowned, "why would I not be okay?"

"Is Jennie okay?"

"Kim Jisoo, what's with your question? We're good."

"Oh?" Jisoo looked genuinely surprised. "I thought after yesterday event, she's-" The plastic surgeon's pager beeped loudly. "Shoot! The patient is here. I gotta run!"