Chapter 31

"Jennie, meet Ms. ChaHee Park. She's the kindhearted donator I told you about. She has agreed to give us some, and when I said some, I mean a lot of money for our event."

Jennie smiled and offered the taller woman a handshake "Jennie Kim. Thank you for helping us."

"ChaHee Park. It's pleasure to be a part of this human rights movement. Especially from young people."

"You speak like you're an old lady or something." Jennie chuckled politely.

"I'm older than you, that's for sure."

"Uhh, Jen, can you accompany Ms. Park? I have to take care of something really quick."

The president of student council bowed to ChaHee then left in hurry.

"He's really busy. I hope it's okay with you. Accompanied only by me, I mean."

"I don't mind at all."

---

"It's too much." Jennie shifted uncomfortably on her seat. She had never eaten in a luxurious restaurant before. Their stiff and professional service was awkward. She was a fresh graduate. Being far from her family made her really strict on spending money.

"What is? You don't like the wine?"

Before she could answer, ChaHee had raised her hand and mentioned the waiter to come to their table.

"No. It's not that –"

"May I help you, ma'am?"

"I wish to have the best wine from this restaurant. Is this really the best you have?"

"No, Cha, nothing's wrong with the wine." Jennie turned to the waiter. "We're good here. Thank you."

Jennie watched the man went to this previous spot. As she was sure they were alone, Jennie heaved a sigh.

"This place is too much. The price of the food is ridiculous."

"You don't have to worry, Jennie. I'm paying."

"No, you can't do that. I can pay for my own food-"

"You never let me pay. It's our forth date. What's wrong with spending money for my girlfriend?"

"It's not that..."

"Okay... then what is it?"

"I just graduate from college and I... I can't do the same, at least now. I can't take you to a nice restaurant-"

"I never ask you to return the same thing. I'm glad that you give me a shot to get to know you better. You don't owe me anything."

Jennie bit her lower lip. "I honestly prefer eating junk food."

"We'll get pizza and that classic burger you love so much next time. You pay."

That got Jennie smile. "Deal."

---

Jennie broke the kiss when she felt ChaHee's hand slipped under her shirt and gently caressed her stomach. She rested her forehead onto ChaHee's then squeezed the older woman's shoulder, silently apologized that she couldn't go further.

"I'm sorry. I – I'm not ready. Not yet."

ChaHee eyes were warm and understanding. She softly brushed her lips against Jennie's cheek. "it's okay. I'm sorry I get carried away."