Chapter 17

"What are you looking for?" Jennie asked as she put her make up. Lisa had been opening and closing the drawer, the closet, even her jewelry boxes. Ten minutes and she had not found whatever she was searching for.

"My ring. Where is it?"

Jennie increased her brow, "your ring?"

"Yes. Where did you keep it?"

"Why are you suddenly asking for your ring?"

"I want to wear it." Lisa pulled another box and took all the contents out. "Hon, you really have a lot of accessories." Lisa lifted some necklaces and rings. "What are these?"

"It's for investment," Jennie answered while applied the soft pink lipstick on.

"Really? I thought it's your passion for fashion."

"That, too."

Lisa chuckled fondly, "so where's my ring?"

"Baby, you don't wear your ring for a reason. Why do you want to wear it today?" Lisa paused. She looked blank for a second before she glance at her wife. "Is this about ChaHee or do you have secret admires or something?"

"No. It's not about that at all. I just," she shrugged calmly. "I just want to feel close to you when I'm not with you."

"We've been married for years, Lili. You took it off the day after our wedding day. What is it?"

Lisa approached Jennie then bent down to give her a kiss on top of her head. She then rested her chin on Jennie's shoulder, staring at her through the mirror.

"I just want to be close to you."

---

It was lunchtime and she had nothing to do. She had finished her meal and last meeting for today would be at two, so she spared herself some time to relax and see the family album to kill the hour.

She opened the first page - her wedding day. It was around six years ago. The weather was cold, the wind was unforgiving, nevertheless, it was the happiest day of her life. She made a vow to her best friend, a vow she intended to keep for the rest of her life. Her smile was so wide and free. She saw herself in pure joy. She finally made it. She had found the one - her best friend, her soul mate, her lover for infinity and beyond.

It was one heck of journey. Fairly speaking, she wouldn't have thought that they'd be able to get to this point in the beginning. They were different from head to the root. It was amazing how they managed to adjust and give up the selfishness in order to work it out. There were always new things to be discovered in Lisa every single day. She couldn't get enough of her. Lisa was simply insatiable.

Then Jennie flipped the next page - Cape Town. Their honeymoon. She enjoyed each second of it to the upmost. Two weeks of private time apparently weren't enough. They spent the first week exploring each other's body as if was their first time. They literally made love all the time, fell asleep after, ordered room service then the circle repeated again and again and again.

Jennie blushed at the memory. Lisa could pull the passion out of her effortlessly. In every touch, Lisa would leave a tingling sensation of desire and security that could drive her to madness. Lisa's kiss sometimes so slow it frustrated her to no end. She was a perfect lover.

Then came the page of pregnancy test showing the positive sign. It should have turned out weird but she couldn't careless. She had counted - it was the fourth stick. Forth was the charm. This picture brought back so many memories of dullest period. Three times of failure plus unnecessary drama between her and Lisa were tough. But getting the triplets had paid off. Three little angels finally came and greeted the world four years ago. What an eternal blessing for her existence.