Chapter 10

"What about Aorta, Artery and Arteriol?"

Jennie turned to Lisa with the biggest shock eyes she had ever had.

"You name our babies after--" She was speechless

"Aorta, the biggest vessel, for our first baby, Artery for the second and Arteriol for the third. What's wrong with those name?"

"You. Name. Our. Babies. After. Vessel." Jennie emphasized each word.

"I imagine them as the brave, strong, tough men. I don't see anything wrong with that."

"It's still vessel."

Lisa shook her head. "You don't know the meaning of it. Imagine if there's no Aorta, Artery and Arteriol. Where would your blood circulate?"

"Vessels, Lisa."

"Would you rather name them thyroid and parathyroid?" Lisa frowned at her wife.

"What?!"

"Any idea then?"

"Arthur? Armand? Andrew?"

"It's too mainstream," Lisa waved her hand. "If Aorta, Artery and Arteriol are not vessel, would it be okay with you?"

"I can't think they're not vessels." Jennie folded her arms. "Besides, what if our babies are all girls? That names don't suit girls."

"Well... Vein, Venous and Venule?" Lisa suggested making Jennie groaned.

"Lili, you do know how important babies' name is, right?"

Lisa stood up to other side of the table facing Jennie. "I don't come up with it out from nothing, Baby."

Jennie increased her brows, curious. "Explain away, then."

"I am the heart. Not a beating heart, just a heart, okay?" Jennie nodded even though she wasn't sure where Lisa would go from here. "Without blood, I am as good as dead organ with no function, no purpose, nothing. My families, my friends, my job, the material that I have are the blood. And you - you are the hemoglobin. You give the color to my blood, you make it possible for oxygen to be transported to all cell in my body. Now, I have a heart and blood but they have no use if I don't have the way to carry the blood away from the heart, right? Thus, I need vessels. Aorta, Artery, Arteriol, Venous, Vein, they are the road that I need. My cell is not going to die because they distribute the blood. They get the job done." Lisa smiled contently. "And I'm a whole human being. I'm alive. I have everything that I need to keep me holding on."

Jennie reached out to Lisa with those gorgeous gummy smile. Lisa obeyed her wish instantly. When Lisa settled on the couch, she was immediately welcomed by Jennie's kiss.

"I like your philosophy." She leaned in again, placing a quick peck on Lisa's lips. "it's actually nice when you put it that way. Although those are not the names I could ever imagine, but... I think I love it." She stared at Lisa adoringly. "You're smart."

"Well, my grades and achievements do say so." Lisa shrugged as she smirked smugly, earning a light slap on her thigh.

"Cocky!" Jennie shook her head while giggling. Jennie bit her lower lip. "But I gotta admit, it's a total turn on." She whispered huskily, her lips barely touched Lisa's.

"Yeah?"

"Uh-uh."

"So ... what are we going to do about it?" Lisa muttered lowly. Her eyes were set on those beautiful lips. Her left hand was making its way to her wife's waist, softly stroking the skin beneath the thin fabric. As for her right hand, it was busy teasing Jennie's jaw and neck, making the latter shivered.