Chapter 20

"What are you doing?"

"Me?" Lisa glanced at the camera briefly then went back to her business. "I'm cooking."

"Cooking what?"

"Curry."

"What are you doing now?"

"Cutting the potato."

Jennie moved the camera as it showed poorly cut potato. The size was uneven. Lisa didn't even hold the knife right. "As a surgeon who work with scalpel everyday, you sure know how to cut vegetables." Jennie said sarcastically.

"It doesn't matter. They will eat it anyway." Lisa stuck her tongue out, mocking her wife.

"Look at this," Jennie zoomed in the biggest potato on its group. "The triplets wouldn't be able to chew this big, Baby."

Lisa easily chopped it to two. "Done. By the way, I have secret seasoning, mind you. You never use it before."

"Oh yeah? What's that? I doubt I don't know it. I know all kind of seasoning."

Lisa smirked naughtily then opened the cabinet, producing a sachet of instant curry seasoning and waved it in front of Jennie. "Tada!"

Jennie laughed loudly. Her eyes twinkled in glee. Lisa was so cute doing things like this. She had tried her best even though her best was not excellent. Instant seasoning was the last thing in her mind. She never used it. Her cook had to be made from fresh, raw ingredients.

"Baby?"

"Hm?"

"Why do you suddenly want to cook?"

Lisa tugged her lips upward. "I want to take care of you, too. You always make tasty meal for us. I want to do the same. It's not going to be a five star cuisine like yours. One step at a time, 'kay?"

"Okay."

"It'd be edible. Trust me."

---

"Mrs. Kim," a male resident walked towards her and handed her a plastic bag. "These are Dr. Manoban's belonging."

"T - thank you."

The resident bowed deeply. He was about to walk away but before that, he hesitantly said, "she is a great teacher, Mrs. Kim. I'm so sorry for what happen."

He didn't  have to say that. Jennie already knew how great and brilliant Lisa was. Nevertheless, she nodded briefly.

One by one, Jennie withdrew Lisa's stuffs; her phone, her wallet, her ID card. As she unlocked Lisa's phone, the first thing Jennie saw was missed calls notifications from her. Lisa's wallpaper was still the same. It was the picture of Jennie and the triplets from their birthday party around two years ago. Since the date of their birthday only a day apart, they always threw a join party.

"I will be really broke in the next future. I have to buy four gifts at the same time every year." Lisa faked a heavy sigh.

"You love getting us present."

"Yes, I do." Lisa grinned broadly. "Do you want your present now?"

"Yes, please." Jennie sat straight at the edge of the bed, feeling excited to find out what Lisa got her this year.

"Here you go." Lisa handed a rectangular box. "I hope you like it."

"Baby..." Jennie smiled, shaking her head fondly. "This is more suitable for your present, not mine."