Chapter 23

Lisa woke up after eleven hours of sleep. She took a deep breath, feeling well rested even though her muscles felt a bit off, like heavier somehow. She was alone in her room. The door was open; she could see Jennie from the curtain talking to Seulgi.

She adjusted to more comfortable position. She was bored. She had been lying around for seven days since she woke up. Seulgi only permitted her to stand up and walk a little. Basically, she did what a baby did. She wanted to do more. Her right thigh didn't hurt as much as it was before. She missed fresh air and the sun's natural radiance. But above that all, she longed to hold the triplets in her arms again.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Manoban. Did you have a good rest?" Seulgi, hand stuffed inside her lab coat greeted Lisa with a smile.

"Yes, I did, Dr. Kang. Thank you," Lisa grinned extensively. "Hi."

"Hey." Jennie's intention was to give her a very quick peck but Lisa turned it to be a deep, long kiss instead.

"Gross." Seulgi muttered under her breath.

The cardio surgeon heard that. She chuckled and let her wife go. "Hey, you wear your bangs down."

For a split second, Jennie tensed.

"But it looks good on her. Anyway!" Seulgi clapped her hands, diverted Lisa's attention to her. "How exactly do you feel today?"

"I'm good. Seul-"

"It's Dr. Kang now, not Seul. I know when you say that name, it means you're using the best friend card. Well guess what, munchkin? Not going to happen today. I need you to lay low till the wound heal properly." Seulgi walked closer to Lisa's side. "The damage was pretty great, Lisa. I know you miss them. But wait a little longer, alright? Because I know you not to hold back when you see them. Your body is not yet ready."

Lisa looked away. She clenched her jaw tightly. Seulgi didn't understand her feelings. She didn't have children of her own. Video call was not enough. She needed to see them, she had to hold them. She wouldn't know this strong, urging desire to touch the triplets.

"Lis-"

"Just do your doctor's job, Dr. Kang."

Seulgi glanced at Jennie who smiled apologetically at her. The general surgeon proceeded to do the necessary examination on her patient. She then excused herself with Jennie following behind.

"Seul, I'm sorry. She's desperate a - and..."

"That's totally cool, Jen. You don't have to apologize for her behavior. She's an ass. She always act like that when she doesn't get what she wants. I immune to her."

"That's not right. After all you've done to her, she could not lash out on you."

"We don't really know what happen inside her head," Seulgi lowered her voice. "Her PTSD maybe comes back, but there are criteria for that, or it could be an acute stress disorder, I don't know. That's not my filed but I'm not taking what happened last night lightly. We'll see how it goes, okay? I hope this is just a one timing thing. In the mean time, if it's needed to be done, I'll consult her to psychiatrist. I'll figure out how to talk to her."

"I want to be there for her, too, Seul. I don't want to sit around letting you do everything alone. I'm her wife. This is my fight, too."

"Do you really have the heart to show her that bruise?" Seulgi pointed the considerably big injury on her temple. "Fat chance she's going to bail, saying that classic I don't want to hurt you and all that."

"Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of."

"Look, this is my call, okay? I'm her doctor. I have the right to consult her to whomever I want for the best interest of my patient. You don't have to worry."