[60]

The boy was sitting down on the wooden planks, back against the tall railing

The boy was sitting down on the wooden planks, back against the tall railing. He had his eyes closed, enjoying the clean, pleasant air of the outside world. His ears picked up the rustling of the leaves, the cackling of falling sticks, the quiet murmurs of the slight wind pressing up against his ears. Occasionally, he could hear the muffled sounds coming from inside the house, although that didn't occur too often.

He only bothered to peel open an eye upon hearing the sound of footsteps approaching.

"Hey, what's up?" Mark asked, towering over him.

Donghyuck simply shrugged, shutting his eye once more as he held no interest in his friend.

Mark looked down at the two cans of beer he was holding, then slowly sat down on the floorboards right beside the other boy. He put one of the cans between them, then opened the other and took a very long, savory sip.

Donghyuck let out a tired sigh, turning his head to find the beer can there. He grabbed it, feeling the cold of it penetrate the warmth of his skin.

"Thanks." He muttered rather lowly, popping it open soon after.

Mark stopped drinking, face filled with surprise.

"Oh god Donghyuck, you even know what 'thank you' is now? Wow, amazing, revolutionary, incredible, A star." He listed.

Donghyuck looked up at him, glaring eyes crashing into the other's. Mark immediately noticed the spitefulness and raised his arms up.

"Just kidding, just kidding." He defended.

But to his surprise, Donghyuck only smirked, letting out a little chuckle afterwards.

"Am I really that much of an asshole?" He asked whilst looking up at the night sky.

Mark was extremely taken aback by the question, as if he was seeing a completely new person in front of him. He was so shocked that he didn't even realize what was coming out of his mouth.

"Yeah, kinda."

Donghyuck didn't glare this time, just let out a long, labored sigh. "Sorry."

Another, surprised gasp barely escaped Mark's mouth, eyes almost popping out of their sockets.

"Dude, are you okay? Do you have a fever?"
"Just shut up oh my god." Donghyuck rolled his eyes.

Mark couldn't help but let past a small chuckle, a genuine, kind smile on his face.

"I see that she does have an effect on you, huh."

"Wait, what?" Donghyuck snapped to the side, met with Mark's melodious laughter.

"See? I only said 'her' and you're already bouncy." He mocked.

The younger boy simply closed his eyes, deciding to just ignore the matter.

"You really like her, don't you?"

Once again, Mark was met with no response and he raised a curious brow. "Huh. I thought you would deny it. So you acknowledge it too."

"I just..." Donghyuck began, but paused. He was speechless. For once he had no idea what to say.

Just upon blinking he could see their faces flickering.

Song Yuna.

Park Soomin.

Sometimes he felt like those two names haunted him. But it was one of them.

She held his heart. She could fluster him within seconds, she could make butterflies erupt in the pit of his stomach. She made him want to hold her, kiss her, protect her. Whenever Donghyuck was around her, he felt like he was in a different universe full of adoration and feeling as soft as a marshmallow.

He loved her.

And it was as if Mark could see right through the boy, and Donghyuck flinched as he felt a hand firmly on his arm. He turned to look at his elder friend, who was smiling.

"I don't know how much advice you would accept from me, but..." Mark took a deep breath.

"Soomin... she's a very sweet girl. She brings out the best in you and you bring out the best in her. Trust me, I've never ever seen you so happy for the years I've known you. Even when looking at her you look like you're mesmerised."

Donghyuck bit his lip and looked down into his lap.

"So you should go for it."
"But what if she-"

"You're an idiot, Donghyuck." Mark smiled. "She likes you as well. I swear, you two make it so obvious, yet you're the only ones that don't realize that you're so fucking in love with each other."

Donghyuck poked his tongue into his cheek. "I'm not an idio-"

"Just go tell her for God's sake, don't be so argumentative."

The boy exhaled harshly and it was very, very clear that he was nervous out of his mind. Mark smiled. "Don't worry. I'm sure it will go well. The sooner the better, you'll see, it will be so relieving. She can finally be yours."

'"Yours."'
Donghyuck breathed out just at the thought, heart leaping.
'She'll be mine... my girl.'

Mark could see right through him, figuring out what he was thinking and he chuckled.

"Go get her."

Without hesitation, only muttering a short 'thank you', Donghyuck got up and sped-walked through towards the sliding glass door. Upon getting in into the living room, he began looking around frantically.

He couldn't hold himself any longer. He had to tell her. He had to tell Soomin.

After scanning through the rather empty hallways, Donghyuck was about to head back to his room in an attempt to look for the girl, but halted as he noticed a figure coming close.

"Soomin!"

Mark the ultimate wingman

Anyways it's snowing here so I'm feeling good :D