[17]

"Ugh

"Ugh."

...

"Ughhhhhhhhh."

...

"UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH."

"What do you want?" Donghyuck put down his phone with an extremely annoyed expression. He indeed was not in the mood to deal with the girl, everything in life was just frustrating the shit out of him.

Soomin pouted her lips, batting her eyelashes at him.

"You're the only one here and I'm bored. What am I supposed to do?" She asked cutely, shifting closer towards him.

Donghyuck himself moved away. He had been forced to stay back in the mansion to watch her so that she wouldn't escape while the rest of NCT went on a larger scale mission. He was quite salty about it as one: he really felt like kicking some ass, but couldn't, and two: he didn't want to babysit an adult girl who acted like a 5 year old.

"At least talk to me, pleasee~~" Soomin used her puppy eyes, leaning uncomfortably close to him.

The boy seized her up in disgust. "Jesus, you're so attention needy." 

"Well, you could say so." She finally backed off and dramatically flipped her hair back. "I am high maintenance."

"I can see that." Donghyuck muttered bitterly, looking down at his phone yet again.

"Can't you be a little more friendly, Haechan? As far as I know, we're going to be stuck here alone for the next few hours." Soomin pouted her lips and leaned back into the couch, crossing her arms.

"Don't get any ideas." Donghyuck warned.

Immediately flustered, the girl blinked a couple of times before making a 'pfffft' sound and scoffing.

"Me getting any ideas? I'm more worried about you getting them." She exclaimed arrogantly.

"Why would I ever get any ideas?" Donghyuck looked up from his phone, his stare equally as emotionless as before.

"I mean, it isn't unusual for a guy to have thoughts whenever he's alone with an attractive girl." She scanned him from head to toe with pouty lips before tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. 

The boy gave her a disgusted look. "Who would even find you attractive?"

Soomin gasped in offense. "Hey, you-"

But she cut off upon hearing an unusually loud thud coming from a few rooms down. Both of them froze, slowly looking towards each other.

"That isn't normal... right?" Soomin spoke in a whisper as her eyes widened with worry.

Donghyuck didn't respond as he carefully got up, trying not too make too much noise.

"Stay here." He commanded, not even looking in her direction.

And although Soomin wasn't usually the most obedient, she decided to listen this time.

As time went on, her anxiety strenghened. Any small sound would make her flinch but she kept silent, trying to listen to any signs of life.

Was Donghyuck dead?

What exactly was that sound?

Did they overreact or did something really happen?

And that's when she heard it.

A loud, prolonged male scream.

She jumped at the sound, unsure of who it was coming from. Her mind immediately went to Donghyuck, but she couldn't even be sure.

But she was too curious and eager to be helpful, so she got up and grabbed the nearest weapon she found: a vase. Slowly, she tip-toed out into the hallway and began approaching the loud noise, which was coming from the kitchen.

As she was now by the door, she leaned on the wall beside it and took a deep breath.

"Alright." She whispered to herself. "3...2...1..."

And then with a battle cry, she ran into the room.

"What in the name of all sacred fucks are you doing?"

Soomin opened her eyes to see Donghyuck staring at her weirdly. He was completely unharmed, seen by his clean clothes and usual sassy mannerism. The girl was about to exhale in relief before her eyes turned down towards the limp body on the ground.

The young boy was curled up, trying to cover himself as Donghyuck kept on hitting him. He was whimpering, probably crying as well.

"Wait, Haechan, stop!" Soomin panicked. "You're going to kill him at this rate!"

"Who cares? He deserves to die anyways." Donghyuck kicked the boy harder, making him cry out in pain.

"No, seriously, stop." She began getting annoyed with him, and when he still would not listen, she sprung into action.

"I said that's enough." Soomin said in a scarily cold voice. She gripped onto the fabric of Donghyuck's shirt, before harshly tugging on it and throwing it to the side.

The boy stumbled, shocked.

"What the-" he began but was cut off my Soomin's worried voice.

"Oh my god, are you okay?!" She crouched down by the young kid.

He was crying, his face and body pretty bruised up. There was a stream of blood coming from the edge of his lip. He couldn't have been over 18 years old.

"Holy shit, you need to get treated." She said in worry, wiping his blood whilst trying to help him get up.

"What are you doing?! He literally broke in to hurt someone!" Donghyuck yelled but Soomin just glared at him.

"He's a child! He probably didn't do this cause he wanted to! You seriously need to stop judging people by your first impression of them." She hissed and then took the young boy away.

idk if Soomin is dumb or smth but she got a point