[36]

Donghyuck's face began twitching as he began gaining consciousness

Donghyuck's face began twitching as he began gaining consciousness. His eyes slowly fluttered open, revealing a dimly lit room and feeling the soft sheets he was now laying on. He also could feel the cold liquid dropping down the sides of his face and the moist fabric being dabbed against his pulsing forehead.

Turning his head to the side, he was met with the face of the concentrated girl who didn't seem to notice that he was now awake as she tried her best to take care of the sweat forming on his face.

After a few seconds of silence, Soomin's eyes went down to meet his. Her hand stopped mid-air above his wet skin as they made eye contact, it lasting for really short as she breathed out with a smile.

"You're finally awake." She exclaimed, her voice much calmer and quieter than usual.

"What happened?" Donghyuck asked her, eyes squirming at the single light coming from the lamp in front of his bed.

"You have a pretty high fever and I'm guessing you blacked out because of exhaustion or something." Soomin explained calmly as she continued dabbing the wet cloth against his forehead.

"I told you, I'm fine. I've been through worse."
"Mhm, you sure have."

"Just go back to sleep and don't worry about me." Donghyuck muttered, staring right into her warm eyes.

The girl sighed, letting the cloth fall back in the bowl of cold water she had set up on the bedside table.

"You just can't let anyone take care of you, can you?" She asked him, voice filled with disbelief. "It's fine to be sick sometimes, so just be quiet and let me treat you."

Donghyuck let out a breathy scoff as Soomin placed her soft, clean hand on his forehead and and the other one on her own and then hummed to herself.

"You know, I was worried about you."

The boy stopped breathing, eyebrows raising at the sentence. His heart seemed to skip a beat as he watched her take the wet cloth again, drain it of water and begin doing what she had been doing before with unusual grace.

"You what?"
"Yeah." Soomin stated simply. "You passed out so suddenly and you expected me not to worry? You literally scared the hell out of me."

Donghyuck bit down on his bottom lip, inhaling a deep breath as his eyes watched her carefully. She wasn't paying much attention to him as she concentrated on getting rid of his fever.

That single line had managed to bring a small amount of warmth into his icy, freezing body and it made him get... butterflies?
And when he looked at her... despite her obviously tired feautures, extremely messy hair and bare face, she seemed to be glowing. For the first time Donghyuck realized that she was above-average pretty, no, she was quite breathtaking.

Soomin looked over in his directions, the tips of her rosy lips going up in a smile, causing her eyes to get smaller and create tiny half-moons.

"I think the fever is going down." She informed, retracting her hand and dropping the rag back into the bowl.

As the girl got up from the rolling chair, Donghyuck took a deep breath and shook his head in shock.

'What the fuck are you thinking? You must be going fucking crazy.'
He thought to himself, his thoughts sounding alarming in his head.

"I'm guessing you have a headache too, do you want a painkiller?"
"Huh?" The boy asked as he turned his head to hear what she had to say.

"I'm asking if you want a painkiller." Soomin repeated herself.

"Oh, uhm, yeah." Donghyuck swallowed, getting slightly nervous.

The girl just shrugged it off, grabbing a random water bottle and the packet of painkillers towards him. As she sat back down, she gave Donghyuck the bottle and popped open a painkiller, placing it into his hand as well.

"Okay, on the packaging it says that it's going to take about 15 minutes to work." Soomin hummed as she watched him sit up.

Donghyuck easily swallowed the pill, draining the entire water bottle and letting out a satisfied sigh as he placed it back on the bedside table. He then turned back to again make eye contact with Soomin.

None of them said anything. They just stared at each other in silence, the girl tilting her head in confusion, whilst Donghyuck's brows furrowed slightly. He looked down slightly at her lips, causing even more confusion for Soomin.

"What are you-" she began, but was interrupted as the boy's thumb travelled up to her face. Soomin froze as she felt it slide on the edge of her mouth, staying a second too long before he quickly took it away.

She stared at him with wide eyes, her heartbeat increasing like crazy at the sudden, flattering skinship that she had never reacted to in that way before. Her sudden shyness made her act recklessly.

"W-what was that for?" She stuttered, hands travelling up to caress where he had just stuttered.

Only now realizing what he had done, Donghyuck also became nervous as he cleared his throat and looked away down at the bed sheets.

"You had chocolate around your mouth..." He muttered, wiping his thumb on his black pants.

Soomin stared at him for a few more seconds, before blinking repeatedly and looking away as well.

"You should go to sleep now, rest is important for when you're sick."

Donghyuck didn't even try to fight it this time, and instead of letting the embarassment of his blunt actions get to him, he turned to face the other side and laid down, pulling the white sheets up to his chin and trying hard to forget what just happened.

Omlomloml