[61]

Donghyuck felt his heart erupt into a tremendously fast run, making his breaths shorter and more frequent

Donghyuck felt his heart erupt into a tremendously fast run, making his breaths shorter and more frequent. He felt the nervousness bloom in the pit of his stomach, spreading warmth to every single crook and corner of his body. His palms clenched into tight fists, nails almost piercing through his delicate skin.

As they held eye contact, the boy immediately noticed the growing worry and panic on Soomin's face as she scanned him for any sign of injury.

"Donghyuck, are you okay? What's wrong? Did something happe-"
"Soomin." Was the only thing he could say at that moment, his voice softening.

The girl bit her tongue, glancing up at him with anticipation. It was yet another small gesture that made Donghyuck's chest feel even tighter - she didn't want to push him to tell her anything. She wanted to make sure that he could comfortably express himself, no matter how long it took. 

'I'm making a fool of myself.'
He gave himself a mental lashing, desperately trying to recollect himself. 

Finally, the boy took a deep, shaky breath and closed his eyes before speaking.

"I have to tell you something."

"Anything." Soomin murmured comfortingly, face falling into a softer, inviting expression.

Donghyuck managed to look at her for once. He stared deep into her chocolate swirls, feeling himself melt in them. Again, he felt like a small, reckless child that had no idea how to act around anybody. He just wanted to give himself into her embrace and to not give a single care into the world ever again.

"I..." Donghyuck began, Adam's apple bobbing as he did so.

Another couple of seconds went back in silence, Soomin intently staring up at him whilst the boy did everything in his power to avoid her caring gaze.

"If you don't want to tell me now, it's okay, you can always do it-"
"I like you!"

The 3 words came out suddenly, coming completely out of the blue. Donghyuck's face became pale after realizing how they had sounded, coming out as almost a little shy squeak. Not just that, he had said them way to loudly for the situation. 

Instant regret washed over him as he slowly turned his head to look at her.

Soomin was completely speechless, pinkish lips hanging slightly open to showcase her shock. Her eyes had gotten larger and it was clear that it was sudden for her as well. Except the immense state of confusion she was in, Donghyuck could not read anything else on her face at all.

Which completely terrified him.

"I- I'm so sorry Soomin oh my god, I didn't mean to say it like that, I just r-really wanted to tell you because I really really like you and I-" He began rambling in a deep panic, but was interrupted.

"Hyuck."

At the mention of his nickname, the boy completely paused, eyes set on the wall right to his left. He swallowed hard, feeling his throat having gone dry due to his nerves. 

But finally, he gathered the courage to slowly avert his gaze to the girl and restrained himself from squealing when he saw her smiling up at him.

Her fascial expression was so soft, kind, heart-warming. Soomin wasn't making fun at all, rather he could see the huge joy bathing in the beautiful colors of her eyes. 

The girl took a deep breath, a cutesy pink appearing on her cheeks. "I like you too."

"You wha-" Donghyuck began in shock, but once again got interrupted. And this time not in the way he thought he would.

Soomin got up to her tippy-toes, hands flying to his face and cupping both his cheeks. Without hesitation, she pulled his face down to her level and made their lips meet.

The kiss was short, soft and sweet. Their lips pressed against each other, both of their hearts singing sonatas of joy as warmth spread throughout their entire bodies. Orchestras of butterflies flew around their stomachs like never before, making them both relax into the kiss.

Soomin then pulled away, an even wider smile on her lips as she still held his face in her palms.

She gently stroked her finger over his cheek. "You're so cute." She cooed whilst staring at his reddened face.

"Wait, what did you say before? W-what did you mean, are you forreal?!" Donghyck rambled on, hands almost trembling from the adrenaline that had gushed through his body.

Soomin giggled sweetly, looking him deep into the eyes. "Yes, I'm forreal. I really really really like you Donghyuck."

Then the girl let out a surprised squeal as within an instant, Donghyuck's arms were already wrapped around her waist as he pushed their bodies together. Then he leaned down, re-attaching their lips once again into yet another kiss. 

This one was a bit more lively, the boy finally expressing his full joy as he leaned into her as much as he could. He took in her warmth, softness and smell, everything that made Soomin so amazing to be around. 

Her confirmation was all that he'd needed.

She was finally his.

"Guys I get that you like each other but I'd really want to walk around my house without having to see this out in the hallway."

The couple almost yelled out in surprise, separating with a jump. They both turned to find Xiaojun there, a look of disgust painted all over his face.

Instincts jumping in, Donghyuck immediately pushed Soomin behind his own body, trying to hide the embarrassment on his face.

"Sorry..." He coughed out, having nothing better to say.

"It's fine. Just like I said, get a room next time." Xiaojun smirked, before tucking his hands into his pockets and walking onwards and towards the living room.

Just as he was about to walk through the doorway however, he stopped and turned to look back at the two with a mischievous grin on his face.

"I'm telling everyone." He whispered, before setting off into a run.

"Wait, wHAT? GET BACK HERE!" Donghyuck panicked, following him.

"Oh god." Soomin let out a melodious laughter, hands travelling up to her cheeks to feel their warmth.

" Soomin let out a melodious laughter, hands travelling up to her cheeks to feel their warmth

the amount of ppl that thought that Soomin would reject him, I-

like can't you see, we're like at chapter 60, god