[28]

The door open to reveal a boy staggering into the mansion, a small plastic bag in his hand

The door open to reveal a boy staggering into the mansion, a small plastic bag in his hand. The house was surprisingly wide awake two hours after he set off for his long trip, members walking down the hallways and greeting him. But of course, Donghyuck was in too much of a bad mood to even talk to anyone.

He easily managed to find his targed upon hearing her addicting, melodious laughter coming from the kitchen. As he entered, he immediately located her in one of the seats amongst the dreamies, having the biggest batch of freshly made pancakes he's probably ever seen anyone eat.

Without much of a care, he walked over towards her and dropped the plastic bag in her lap. Soomin looked up, at first confused, but after quickly peeking into it, she sent him a wide smile.

"Oh!" She exclaimed, in a surprisingly good mood.

Donghyuck just hummed, already happy that he finished his task and was ready to go off to sleep to forget the awkwardness he felt at the 24 hour convenience store.

The dreamies were already looking at each other and the bag curiously, really wanting to know the contents of it.

Just as Donghyuck was about to turn away to grab something to eat and then leave, Soomin made him stop dead in his tracks.

"I usually go for tampons, but yeah, thank you."

Somewhere nearby, Hendery and Jaehyun choked on their food, Mark Johnny and Ten opened their mouths wide in shock while the rest began chuckling uncontrollably until it turned into a blast of laughter that could be heard from miles away.

Donghyuck turned on his heel, a shocked expression on his face before his face became completely red with anger and embarassment. Soomin was innocently looking around at first before realizing that she had just revealed everything, but at the time she was about to apologize, the boy was already strolling out of the kitchen in a quick step.

"Ughhh, why do I have to go?" Jisung whined as Jaemin helped him adjust his tie.

"Because you and Chenle have already skipped two weeks of school and I don't want to be killed by the teachers." Taeyong commanded, handing both of them some signed documents.

"School is for losers anyways." Chenle rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, but you get free food, so." Soomin joined in, also in the front hall to send the two highschoolers off back to school.

"Don't go on any missions without us, okay?" Jisung asked hopefully as he grabbed his backpack and threw it over his shoulder.

"Sure, sure, now hurry up. We can't be late for the entrance ceremony." Jaehyun, who was going to drive them, hurried them along. 

"Bye! Have fun!" Soomin waved them out with a bright smile. 

As the three left out of the door, the small crowd that had gathered in the tight front hall began disappearing. Not having a clue as to what to do, Soomin just began to wander, again bored out of her mind. 

Her legs unknowingly brought her back to Kun's infrmery where he was organizing a bunch of medicine that came in earlier that day.

"You're here." The doctor acknowledged her existence without paying her too much mind. Soomin hummed before walking over to the bed closest to him and sitting down.

"Hey, I have a question." She said while placing her hands back in order to be able to lean back.

"What is it?" Kun continued to not look at her, reaching for the top shelf to get a box.

"Why are some of the people here so... angry and mean all the time?" Soomin had no idea how to phase her question in any different way.

The doctor froze, his hand barely touching said box. He was quiet for a few seconds, trying to think of an answer for her as the question completely took him aback.

Finally, he sighed and got off the stool in order to sit in his chair which faced the curious girl.

"Most, if not all of us here have gone through quite a lot of shit." Kun exclaimed, voice trailing off in an unusual way. He then smiled lightly before looking up at her again. "Why do you think we ended up here then?"

"But you're not mean. You're probably one of the nicest people I know."

"Trauma has a different effect on everyone." He sat back in his chair, getting comfortable whilst awaiting for the unevitable question.

"What... what happened to you?" Soomin asked quietly, pursing her lips together afterwards.

"I..." Kun took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a few seconds, before smiling again. 

"Ever since I was little, I lived with violence. I watched as my alcoholic and drug addict dad beat my mom every day. Whenever he would pass out, I would help her fix up her wounds, cuts and bruises. One day, when I was 12, after another bad beat-up, she just... didn't wake up."

At this point, Soomin was almost at the verge of tearing up, seeing how Kun was staring off into space sadly.

"Afterwards, there was so much I could take. The court didn't care and detained my father for a month before he was released again. And since my mom wasn't there, the aggression was turned to me. So I got into some illegal business and fled half a year later. I was thrown into an orphanage until I was 18 and managed to go to college. But the illegal business from China followed me here to Korea and I had to run away again. I'm still hiding, but because of Taeyong, I doubt they will ever find me."

Soomin had her lips pouted, tears blurring her vision as she looked at the doctor with pity. Kun soon realized that and laughed awkwardly.

"But I'm alright, really. Past is past, and I'm doing amazing now." 

"Do you want a hug?" The girl asked, standing up with her arms spread out wide.

Kun sighed but giggled while also standing up. "Sure."

Yeee I was too lazy to finish this lmfao, but it's 1000+ words sooooo :))