[8]

They had acted dumb

They had acted dumb.

Instead of leaving at least one person behind to guard her, they all ran out at once barely sparing Soomin a glance. But the girl was too scared to come out anyway, so she just wrapped the blanket tighter around herself.

It had been a few minutes and Soomin began getting worried. She barely heard any noises outside, and she would flinch at anything.

But a slight relief washed over her as she heard someone walking up the wooden staircase outside. A small smile fell on the girls lips as she watched the door knob turning but that relief soon faded and was replaced by terror as an unfamiliar man stood at the door. He smirked in her direction.

"They actually left you alone? Wow, what a bunch of idiots." His voice was deep and raspy, sending a shiver down Soomin's spine. Panic flooded her as the man began heavily stepping in her direction. Her horror was amplified as she saw him take out a shiny, metal weapon.

"Boss will be happy about this..." The man's smile grew as he was right by the mattress that Soomin was sitting on. In desperation, she looked around, noticing a lose floorboard by the wall beside her. She wasn't no weakling, she would fight back.

As she was about to reach over to grab it however there was a loud thud before the knife clattered onto the ground. Soomin watched as the man's eyes widened and then rolled around to his brain as he began to fall forward. The girl barely got out of the way before he crashed onto the mattress.

Looking up in shocked, she found a grumpy looking Haechan who was panting while staring down at the man. His gaze then shifted to Soomin yet his expression remained cold.

"Why didn't you scream?" He questioned yet the girl remained silent, too surprised by the situation.

Then there were more footsteps outside of the veranda as the dreamies were coming back.

"We lost him in the-" Le began and at that moment Haechan turned around, revealing the fallen man. "Holy shit."

"Didn't I say someone should've stayed behind?" The elder boy growled at the newcomers who looked away shamefully. "What if she had run away?"

"Is this what you care about right now? That man was going to kill me!" Soomin began getting defensive, slightly offended by the fact that he valued money over her life. Haechan sent her a bored glare.

"He wasn't, that was just a scare. He would probably take you back to his own base you dumbass."

"Wait, he came here while we were gone?" No interrupted the staring contest as the thought dawned on them all.

"They must've been observing us." Ren concluded, crossing his arms. "We need to go tell boss right now. This may mean that the Phantoms may be trying to attack us."

"Phantoms?" Soomin asked surprised, having heard the name before. Ren got smacked by Nana for having revealed the name.

"Okay, we need to get back to base then as well as bet Soomin back to safety." Nana grimly said.

"Wait, what about him?" Jisung pointed towards the passed out man.

"Let's take him back to the base. We can question him on the Phantom's future plans." Haechan leaned against the wall lazily.

And that's how plan 'let's get out of here whilst protecting a weird girl and carrying a zombie like man' began.

Soomin shuddered yet again as another muffled, blood curdling scream sounded through the base. Her stomach was turning and suddenly the triangular gigimbap she was holding did not seem so appetizing anymore. Even though the girl was completely terrified, not knowing what these guys were doing to the opposite gang member, everyone else in the kitchen seemed completely careless to the sound. As if they didn't hear it at all.

It really made the girl wonder. Could she have been treated like this if the gang really wanted to?

Taeyong sighed apologetically looking towards Soomin who seemed quite on edge. He could understand why she would feel so scared by the unfamiliar sounds as she had probably not been exposed to this before. He felt quite guilty, for everything. That's why he offered her a choco pie and the girl glanced towards him surprised.

"Oh... thank you." She attempted at a smile but failed as she placed the snack beside the one she was already having. Although this man seemed cold and heartless, he had actually shown a lot of kindness to the girl, which she appreciated lots. And also, getting on the leader's good side was always a great option.

"You should ask Xiaojun for some noise cancelling headphones if the noise is too much." He suggested, slightly awkward as he had never been this kind to someone he's kept captive before. Soomin simply nodded and grabbed her food before beginning to head out of the room.

"Thank you again." Her smile was genuine this time before she actually walked out.

So not much happened this chapter, but I just wanted to develop some more characters I guess

And also, I mentioned this in 'just like you' but...

VEINSSSS

VEINSSSS