[75]

Soomin was laying in her bed, unable to sleep

Soomin was laying in her bed, unable to sleep. It wasn't too surprising, as it was barely 11pm at this point, but it wasn't the hour keeping her awake.

It was a strange feeling. Realizing that she wasn't alone. That everyone else is still fighting, still struggling, still staying by her side, even if it wasn't physically, they were with her mentally.

And what had she been doing instead of trying to find an answer? Drowning in self-pity. Trusting people that she swore to never trust. Siding with the enemy.

She was a terrible person.

But in reality: what could she really do? Whatever she planned to do, it was unrealistic. All of the odds were against them. There was such a small tiny chance that this would end well. After all, her opinion didn't matter. Her words didn't matter. She would get overlooked again, and the court will be in favor of whatever her father says because he's the rich one. He's the one with status. Not her.

'What do I do...'
The girl turned to the side, eyes closing in defeat and concentration.

"Help them."

"Huh?"

Soomin shot up. Somehow, her window was now wide open, blowing the light-weight white curtains. The scene was magical, and the girl gawked as she noticed the two figures standing at her bedside, both in angelic long dresses and with golden orbs.

"Mom?" Soomin asked in pure shock, but it only intensified as she turned to the second figure. "Y-Yuna?"

"Hi. We meet at last." The girl smiled, pearl white teeth shining in the dark. "But seriously girl, what have you been doing?"

"W-what?"

"You keep blaming yourself for what happened." Her mother interjected in a soft tone. "Don't. This wasn't your fault sweetheart."

"She's right." Yuna grinned. "No one blames you. Not even Donghyuck, or anyone else staying at the prison."

"But it's dad doing this to them. I know it's not my fault, but I really don't know what to do..." Soomin bit down on her bottom lip, eyes tearing up. She felt hopeless, like a toddler: completely disoriented, helpless and ignored. 

"You can't give up, Minmin. No matter what you do, you need to keep going." Her mother encouraged her, making the girl look up.

"Stand up to everyone! You'll never be able to beat them if you don't make a name for yourself." Yuna exclaimed, throwing her fist in the air. "Go out them and show them who's boss."

"But how? No one even cares to listen to what I have to say."
"Then make them. They'll eventually have to listen if you won't shut up."