[57]

"Hey, could you pass me that box? No, the one on the left

"Hey, could you pass me that box? No, the one on the left. Are you blind or what?! Ugh, I'll get it myself." Someone yelled out amongst the disorder, something that Soomin has been repeatedly hearing the last hour.

Since they gathered some spare money, NCT decided to use it to replace the cheap, bad furniture of the house with some newer and better products. Taeyong and some others just came back with them in a pick-up truck they had rented just for the location. And now, all of the members were making a team effort by moving stuff in and out of the house.

Although she wasn't much help, Soomin enjoyed being in the middle of the chaos whilst making small talk with the members. She would occasionally give them some internal-design tips, getting them to make the place as pleasing and nice as possible. She was currently sitting on a new chair, dangling her feet as she observed Chenle and Jisung moving stuff in and out of their room.

"I think you literally got Taeyong to spend half of the budget on you." She shook her head, watching all of the boxes that they were taking in and out.

"Yep. Perks of being adorable." Chenle laughed out whilst carrying a set of new pillows for his already stacked bed.

"Nah, more like perks of forcing people to do shit for us." Jisung corrected with a smirk.

"Same thing." His friend rolled his eyes.

"Anyways, if you're gonna be sitting here doing nothing, why don't you at least offer us a hand?" Jisung looked over to Soomin who simply shrugged.

"Manual work wasn't on my agenda today."
"Is breathing even on your agenda?"
"Not that I know of."
"I- sure, okay, whatever."

"Okay if manual labour isn't on your agenda, maybe you could go get me some juice? I still got a lot of shit to unpack." Chenle barged into the conversation, wiping the sweat off the side of his face.

"You're gonna have to meet the price."
"Unless the price isn't smacking you across the face, I'm not interested."

"Fair enough." Soomin exclaimed, jumping off of the new chair that was stationed right outside their door. "Do you want anything Jisung?"

"Some juice as well and get me an apple, thanks."
"Sure, be right back."

The girl then began walking down the hallway, greeting everyone along the way. She got down to the staircase leading to the upstairs, right beside the doorway to the living room.

That was probably the room that was being the most re-modelled out of any in the house, switching out a lot of the damaged furniture from the time the house was attacked. Literally everything had to be replaced.

As Soomin skipped down the hallway, her eyes were drawn down to the floor and she halted in her step. Her eyes narrowed as she stared at the object, thinking whether she was seeing wrong.

Subcontiously she had lowered herself, grabbing the laminated photograph and staring at it as she got up. The more she looked, the stranger it made her feel, her hea going completely wild over it. Her stomach clenched with discomfort, feeling shivers crawl up the back of her spine.

"Hey Soomin, how you doing?" Hendery walked up to her with a cheerful smile.

Soomin blinked away her confusion, looking up to face him but she didnt bother returning the kind gesture. "Hey, do you know who's photograph this is?" She asked him, letting him see it.

Hendery frowned and shook his head. "I'm not sure." He said. "Tho I did see something fall out of Donghyuck's bag when he was walking back to his room. You can go check in with him."

"Okay, thanks." Soomin exclaimed, hurriedly turning on her heel and scurrying right back down the hallway.

Jisung noticed her coming back, about to yell out to her, but was confused as she sped right past him and towards the opposite door.

Soomin didn't have to do much as Donghyuck was exiting it just then.

"Oh hi." He exclaimed shortly whilst shutting the bedroom door behind him.

"Donghyuck." She began, in a weirdly serious and cold voice. This not only alerted Donghyuck, but also the two youngest that were now standing behind her, staring confused.

"Yes?" Donghyuck asked, now a bit worried.

The girl raised up the hand with the photograph, close to shoving it up in his face. He scanned it, eyes widening a small inch and then moving back to her.

"Why do you have this photo?" Soomin demanded harshly.

"I- I got this photo from-"
"How the hell did you get this photo of me as a baby?!"

"I- I got this photo from-""How the hell did you get this photo of me as a baby?!"

Oop-
This may be a little confusing for now but you'll see next chapter