[64]

The door slammed shut behind them, the two teens stumbling out onto the veranda

Ms.Song, despite saying she will, did not tell them anything and simply kicked them out. Donghyuck wouldn't have left, but she had threatened to call the police and let them find Soomin. And that was something neither of them wanted, so they decided to leave.

Now exposed to the icy spring breeze and the pouring rain, the girl sighed as she looked back at the door. "She must really not like you."

"The feeling is more than mutual." Donghyuck gritted his teeth, whilst glaring at the window as the blinds were harshly pulled to a close.

He felt Soomin's now warmer hand slide into his, intertwining their fingers.

"Are you okay?" She asked quietly, staring him deeply in the eyes.

Donghyuck's face twitched a little, falling into the comfort of her touch as he kept up the eye contact. But Soomin was able to see right through him, swiftly getting on her tip toes and wrapping her arms around his neck as soon as she saw the hurt in his eyes.

"It's okay. We don't have to come back here ever again. Thank you for doing this for me." She whispered as she felt him begin to hug her back, nuzzling her face into his neck to try to comfort him.

"I wanted to find out too, don't blame yourself." He muttered into her hair, voice now much calmer and softer.

"Do you wanna go get some food?"
"Yeah, bet." 

♫ 

The artificial smell of McDonalds filled up the warm car as Donghyuck settled in his seat. He turned to see Soomin's eyes literally shining as she stared down the bag that he had put into his lap.

Donghyuck laughed. "Careful, you're gonna drool."
"I haven't eaten since 7, don't judge." 

"Fine, fine. Here." He chuckled, taking out the things that she had asked him to get. "I know you don't like pickles so I took them out of the sandwich."

Soomin's brows furrowed, freezing into place completely as she stared down at her half-unwrapped burger. Donghyuck didn't notice as he was taking out his own food, not even realizing as the girl slowly looked up and right at him.

"I-" She began, but couldn't really form a proper sentence to say.

Donghyuck turned towards her, eyebrow raised as he eyed her confused. "Huh?" 

"I really like pickles, Hyuck."

Now it was his turn to freeze. The boy literally felt his blood running cold, the crashing realization of his mistake weighing down on him like a huge stone.  His eyes immediately darkened and his face became tense, hand clutching so tightly onto the bag that he was almost tearing the paper.

Soomin instantly began to regret pointing that out, eyes filling with worry. "Hyuck, it's alright. It's not your fault-"

"It is." He muttered angrily, breaking eye contact as he harshly looked forward. "It fucking is."
"No seriously, I don't mind-"

"But I do, Soomin!" He exclaimed a little too loudly, hands slamming onto the steering wheel. "I keep making these fucking mistakes between you and her, and I just can't-"

Donghyuck cut himself off with a violent breath, clearly trying to gain control over his temper. Soomin looked at it, still worried sick as she watched him try to calm himself down.

"I just have a lot on my mind right now." Donghyuck sighed, voice finally deteriorating back into his usual, deep tone.

Soomin bit down on her bottom lips, packaging her burger again before resting it on her lap. She leaned in closer, hand travelling up to his shoulder and she tapped it.

"It's okay, seriously. I understand that it's difficult, that I constantly remind you of her. Especially because we were just at the house she used to live in. So please, don't beat yourself up over it." She muttered calmly.

Donghyuck turned to her, now completely void of rage but rather with sorrow in his eyes.

"I'm sorry."
"Don't be." Soomin assured him, scrunching her nose cutely. "Besides, I'll enjoy my burger just fine without pickles. Now let's eat before we both starve." 

Donghyuck couldn't help but crack a smile as he watched his girlfriend turn back to her food, looking like a small child staring at a giant teddy bear at a fair. He couldn't help his heart melting every time he laid eyes on her, his insides warming whenever she linked their hands.

He had missed this feeling. He missed having feelings as a whole.

He missed being himself.

Ik it may not be clear but Yuna was the one who hated pickles