[55]

Thank you guys so much for 100K+, I- fosnvisndvidvo

Excitement gushed through the room like a wildfire, affecting every single person in it

Excitement gushed through the room like a wildfire, affecting every single person in it. Their eyes were straining from having them so wide due to the shock.

What exactly did they see?

Well it was difficult to imagine but there on the couch slept 2 figures, both entangled in each other. His hand went around her entire body whilst her two arms wrapped around hi comfortably. They looked like two siblings just napping together, shocking absolutely everyone.

"I can't, this is too cute." Kun cooed silently, watching as Soomin unconsciously scratched at the tip of her nose.

Just then a figure lazily made it's way down the hallway outside, immediately getting intrigued by all of the ushered voices in the living room.

"What's going on?" Donghyuck tapped Jeno on the shoulder, who just silently pointed towards the couch in excitement.

That's when he saw them. Soomin and Yuta, casually asleep on the couch in each other's arms.

Donghyuck was star struck at first, eyes almost popping out of their sockets as he stared at the scene. But soon after, icy, green flames erupted inside of him, going from small sparks to wildfires. His mind was infiltrated by strange thoughts, some wanting him to rip Yuta's hands off of Soomin, and others going as far as wanting to kill him.

The young boy had absolutely no idea what this feeling was, but it was obvious to anyone else who witnessed the senseless and merciless fury in his eyes: jealousy.

The room was silent and cold when Soomin returned, quietly shutting the door with a yawn. As she turned around to go and sprawl herself out on the bed, she almost yelped seeing the figure sitting in the desk chair.

"Fucking hell, you scared me." Soomin exclaimed, placing a hand on her heart.

Donghyuck was sitting in the chair, eyes and legs both crossed as he glared into her intently. The girl squirmed under his gaze, immediately uncomfortable by the strange look he was giving her.

"Something you wanna... tell me?" She asked in a really confused tone.

Yet after a few more seconds of glaring, Donghyuck swiftly turned his chair back towards the desk and began working on his macbook.

Very confused, Soomin just decided to make her way over to the bed, falling onto the soft mattress and sighing face-down into it. The silence was somehow very awkward and cramped for her, not really understanding why. It's not like these two were submerged by the quiet whenever he would be working in the room.

"Had fun?" Donghyuck suddenly asked in a low tone, grabbing Soomin out of her daze.

"Huh?"
"I guess you falling asleep on people is your thing now." He uttered, annoyance clear in his voice.

Soomin didn't have to think for long to realize what he was talking about, and she chuckled nervously.

"Oh, you mean that? Nah, it was an accident. I didn't know Yuta was actually pretty nice." She began talking about it cheerfully, not noticing how tense Donghyuck's body was becoming. One of his hands curled up into a tight fist, bathing his inner palm a white color.

"It happened because yesterday when-"
"I didn't ask." Donghyuck cut her off rudely, his words dripping like poison from his mouth.

"Oh." Soomin was a little stunned. "You did though."

The boy didn't reply, ignoring her as he continued working.

Soomin looked over to him suspiciously, eyes narrowing at his hunched-over figure. "Hey Hyuck do you perhaps..."

Donghyuck's mind froze. What was she gonna say? Was she gonna ask if he liked her? If he was jealous? He would never admit it, even to himself, although deep inside something told him that he was. Oh no, he was panicking. As if his thoughts were taken away by a tornado. Fuck,

"... do you want a hug too?"
"What?" 
"I'm asking if you want a hug. You seem crampy and seem to need one." Soomin pointed out casually, ignorant to the fact that her entire existence made Donghyuck's heart skip a beat.

Ears now painted a faint red, the boy jumped up from his chair and looked over to her.

"Me? Crampy? A hug? What are you talking about?!" He exclaimed, a bit too loudly and then scoffed. "Who needs your hugs anyways, they're not even nice." He spat out, although more with panic rather than rudeness.

Soomin stared at him wordlessly, which only set Donghyuck into a deeper frenzy, and without another word, he sped out of the room, making sure to slam the door behind him. 

The last few days I've been watching so much cinematography analysis and read an amazing fan fiction, and it all made me realize something

I realized that "Lullaby" isn't really directed at Hyuck and Soomin's relationship at all, rather by how it is affected by their circumstances. I don't really think their scenes are dry and un-readable or anything, but it doesn't embody who they are as people. I've been so keen on making my work seem professional that I really lost touch with that fanfictions are about: the interactions. Which is why I'm really apologetic for dragging this out for so much longer than it should be and I'll try to improve in the future :)

As always, stay safe everyone 💚