[72]

Laying on her bed, Soomin felt restless

Laying on her bed, Soomin felt restless. The dress she was forced to put on felt suffocating- it felt so uncomfortable. Her ears were still ringing, making her hear the laughs and voices of the disgusting people that she would soon become the family of.

And just when she felt like everything was over, like she could try to sleep through all of her worries once again, she heard a knock at the door.

"Who is-" The girl couldn't even finish before the door was thrown open aways.

She immediately shot up, eyes landing on the door which was currently being shut. Her face dropped as soon as she spotted the tall, skinny individual approaching her with a scarily charming smile plastered on his lips.

"Hey Soomin." Sunwoo exclaimed in a melodic voice,

"What are you doing here." Soomin narrowed her eyes at him, the hatred obvious in them.

His expression immediately became more smug, as he averted his walk and began roaming the room. He would occasionally stop and grab a random item, scanning it light-heartedly before moving on.

"I didn't let you come in here. Get out." The girl lower her voice even further, trying to sound more threatening.

But Sunwoo only chuckled, feeling completely unthreatened. "Come on, honey, don't be so hostile. We'll be together soon. Get used to us sharing stuff."

"How many times do I have to tell you? I have no intend of marrying you." Soomin scoffed.

"Your intend doesn't matter. You really have no say in this actually." Sunwoo smirked, sending her a short side-glance. "It's our parents decision."

"Why are you so obedient? Do you really want to marry a literal stranger that badly?" The girl asked, getting heated.

"Mhm... That sounds like quite the interesting life experience, doesn't it?" He chuckled mysteriously whilst looking out into the darkness beyond the window.

"Oh right, I forgot." Soomin laughed out bitterly. "Your family's desperate for my dad's money and prestige. You don't want to marry me for me, you just want to inherit both companies and be stinking rich for the rest of your life."

She only heard him snicker as he walked up to one of the shelves, grabbing another random item without permission.

"You only have pictures with your family." He clicked his tongue as he thoroughly scanned the picture frame. "I guess you have no friends to do these things with. Pathetic."

"I rather have no friends than be friends with someone like Jung Woojin." Soomin spat out.

"Point taken." Sunwoo hummed snobbishly, putting the item frame back in its place. Instead, he crossed his arms and leaned against the girl's desk, staring straight at her. "I admit, he isn't really on quite the same level as us. He doesn't have the brains, or nearly enough money. But honestly he ended up being pretty useful. He tracked you down after all."