[18]

Donghyuck snarled as he watched the scene filled with disbelief

Donghyuck snarled as he watched the scene filled with disbelief. He was leaning against the wall, his arms crossed on top of his chest as he buffed out as much as possible.

Soomin was sitting on the hospital bed beside the young intruder and was currenly treating a cut that he had received on his cheek.

"What, do you plan to give him a house tour next?" Donghyuck scoffed, voice filled with sarcasm.

"Shut up, this was your fault in the first place." Soomin replied boldly, barely sparing him a glance. "You didn't need to beat him up."

"Don't you understand the dangers-" The boy started his rant, but stopped himself and just emitted a long and heavy sigh. "Nevermind, you wouldn't get it."

Soomin sent him a spiteful look before turning back to the young boy and putting away the medical equipment.

"Alright, you're all patched up." She smiled brightly.

"T-thank you." He stuttered, looking away whilst lightly bowing his head. He was still shaking with fear, ocassionally glancing over to Donghyuck in fear.

"What's your name?" Soomin asked. 

"I-It's Song M-Minjae." The boy continued in barely a whisper.

"How old are you?"

"17..." He trailed off.

Soomin gasped, watching him with wide eyes. "You're 17?!"

Donghyuck was also quite taken aback. This boy was even younger than Jisung. 

"Were you forced to do this?" Soomin continued her questioning, her hand softly grasping at his in an attempt to comfort him.

"I... I-" Minjae choked on a sob, tears invading his eyes. That was enough of a response for Soomin to immediately engulf her in a warm embrace, him crying onto her shoulder.

Donghyuck felt torn. On one hand, he did not trust whatever this boy said. He had broken into their base afterall. But also, these seemed like sincere tears.

And maybe it wasn't because of the boy crying. Maybe it was because Soomin was wholeheartedly taking his side.

"T-they said t-they'll h-h-hurt my f-family and f-friends." Minjae managed to blurt out through his sobs.

"Shhh, it's alright. You already said enough." Soomin assured the young kid, tightening her grip around him to give him as much comfort as he needed. His warm tears strained the crook of her neck and her t-shirt but the girl did not mind, continuously drawing small circles on his back.

Her eyes then went up to meet Donghyuck's.

He seemed to be void of emotion, his clenched jaw being the only thing that displayed his annoyance and uneasiness. Soomin, on the other hand, looked at him with pleading eyes, as if saying 'you can't just be an asshole and imprison this poor child'

Donghyuck frustratedly ran a hand through his hair, unable to decide what to do.

"Alright kid, you better listen to what I told you. You shouldn't take my kindness for granted."

Minjae gulped, feeling his hand clutching the fabric of his shirt nervously. He nodded enthusiastically before bowing deeply.

"Thank you so much!" He exclaimed, suppressing a grateful sob.

Donghyuck was leaning against the door frame of the kitchen back door, watching Minjae who was now stood outside.

"Remember: you never came in because you saw signs of life. Make up some sort of excuse for your bruises. And make sure to tell your boss this isn't our main location." Donghyuck continued his lecture, his voice still strict and cold.

"Yes!" Minjae responded, bowing once more.

"Now get out of my sight." The elder boy growled.

Minjae didn't even look back as he turned around and began sprinting into the forest behind the building.

Soomin walked up behind Donghyuck, patting him on the shoulder.

"You did the right thing." She assured him with a warm smile.

"Shut up." Donghyuck grumbled, shaking her off as he turned around to walk back into the mansion.

Soomin scanned the horizon hurriedly, before slamming the back door shut and turning to look at his retreating figure. "Hey, wait for me!" 

The girl ran up to him, walking uncomfortably close to him. She kept glancing around, the mansion feeling more quiet and empty than ever before. Every little creak or rustle made her flinch and she got goose bumps all over her shaking body.

"Do you mind?" Donghyuck's voice brought her out of thought as he pushed her away.

"Do you think anyone else got in? What if they're going to murder us? Oh my god, we're gonna die here all alone and we're going to be found by the other members. What will my dad do??? Oh no, he'll probably kill every single on of you." She rambled on, her words almost incoherent as she hugged herself.

"You're just paranoid." Donghyuck rolled his eyes, shaking his head as he walked up to the door of his room.

"Think about it- why wouldn't they send two spies just in case?" Soomin continued worrying.

Her widened as she the boy place a hand over the door handle, about to push it down. She lunged herself at him, grabbing on that specific hand making him frown at her.

"What if he's in there?" She whispered, fully serious.

Donghyuck scoffed before harshly pushing her off of him once agains and opening the door. As he had expected, there was absolutely no one in there and the room looked exactly as he had seen it half an hour prior.

"See? There's nothing so stop being fucking annoying." He spat out, walking over to one of his drawers to get himself some clean clothes.

Soomin peaked in, and upon scanning the room carefully, she tip-toed in. Although she was constantly on high alert, her sleepiness got the better of her and she walked over to the bed as she was already in some comfy clothes. She tucked herself in, hiding her shivering body under the gray covers as all her attention went to the boy.

Donghyuck closed the drawer shut, beginning to walk towards the open door of the bedroom, but a hand shot out to grab his wrist, making him stop. He looked down, already annoyed at what she had to say as they made eye contact.

"What?" He grumbled out, the coldness of her touch giving him chills.

"I can't fall asleep."
"So?"
"Sing me a lullaby."

My heart lowkey flutteredBut why Hyuck so cold ffs

But why Hyuck so cold ffs