[41]

Soomin took a deep breath, slowly gaining her consciousness after what felt like a surprisingly short amount of sleep

Soomin took a deep breath, slowly gaining her consciousness after what felt like a surprisingly short amount of sleep. As her eyes slowly fluttered open, the first thing she noticed was the plain, dark grey wall right in front of her. The girl stared at it for a good couple of seconds, wondering why it was so close. But soon enough, she realized that the bed she was laying on was pushed against the corner of the room, unlike the one in Sicheng's room where it is in the middle. 

Eyes slowly widening and lips parting in realization, Soomin was frozen into place for another couple of seconds. Then she managed to gather the willpower to begin moving.

First of all, she turned to the other side to face the rest of the room. It was very dimly lit, the only source of light being the table lamp on the desk. She immediately noticed the very familliar figure sitting on the chair, again hunched over a stack of papers with his macbook open on some word document. He was wearing his usual attire: a black t-shirt, sweatpants and dark slippers. His hair was an absolute mess and he has gold-framed circular glasses on the bridge of his nose. He had clearly not noticed the girl's awakening and just continued doing his thing.

That didn't do anything to fix Soomin's confusion as she had literally no idea how she had gotten here.

"Uh..." The girl cleared her throat, gaining Donghyuck's attention. He turned towards her in his rolling chair, and he crossed his arms as he leaned back.

"What." He grumbled, but did not seem annoyed or angry like usual.

"Why..." Soomin took a small look around. "Why am I here?" 

Donghyuck scoffed, a small smirk falling onto his lips. He then stood up and began walking in the girl's direction, making her eyes widen and cheeks take on a reddish color again. She felt butterflies jolting around her stomach as she watched him stop right by the edge of the bed, hands stuffed in the pockets of his black sweatpants. A shadow sat on his face, making his facial features almost invisible, but Soomin managed to see the strict expression they displayed.

"Have you forgotten? This is your place, not Sicheng's room or anything else." 

Somehow, the sentence made her heart leap even more wildly, her creative mind clouding up with unimaginable thoughts and scenarios that were never going to happen.

But she just swallowed down the spit forming in her mouth and looked up at him in disbelief. "What is that even supposed to mean?"

"I wanted to spare him from having to sleep on the couch." Donghyuck shrugged, shattering the aura that he had just supposedly created.

Somehow sulking in disappointment, Soomin pouted her lips and leaned backwards onto the bed frame, averting her gaze from him. The boy obviously noticed and raised a surprised eyebrow.

"What's wrong?"
"Nothing. I'm just tired." Soomin lied, still not looking him in the eye.

"Thinking about it, you have been acting weird. Did something happen?" Donghyuck continued questioning.

'You kissed me dumbass, how am I supposed to be okay???'
She thought and had to stop herself from scoffing. But she bit it back, and just closed her eyes in annoyance.

"Nothing happened." Soomin retorted, turning to face the wall again and her head lightly fell onto the pillow as she pulled the covers up to her chin again.

But of course, Donghyuck was not buying the very uncertain and dismissive tone and so his mind fell into thought. He tilted her head, trying to analyze her body language to figure out what exactly he had done wrong. This wasn't like her at all.

Soomin poked her tongue into her cheek, trying to ignore the feeling of eyes on her. There was an internal battle going on inside her mind. One side was telling her to just pretend to go to sleep, whilst the other was begging for her to ask the question. The girl knew that it was probably something really, really personal to him since she's never heard him mention that name at all. 

But she really had to know. He had kissed her because of that name afterall.

"Actually..." She muttered, turning back around to face him. Soomin sat back up straight, her entire body tensing up as she nervously swallowed the saliva in her mouth. Her throat seemed to have gone dry at the moment her eyes met his confused ones, face dark due to the absence of light.

"What is it?" Donghyuck asked impatiently, tapping his foot on the wooden floorboards.

Soomin took a deep breath, stomach churning in anxiety. She was having second thoughts, but it was too late. She had to ask.

"You... you said something I probably shouldn't have heard." The girl started with all the wrong words, a nervous chuckle falling from her lips. She couldn't help but break eye contact, feeling like she'll die if she holds it any further.

Donghyuck was silent, a signal for her to continue speaking.

She took another deep breath. "I probably shouldn't mention it..." She rambled on, trying to find the right way to approach the extremely awkward situation.

"Just spit it out." The boy's low tone was filled in annoyance and even more impatience, making Soomin almost jump up.

"Y-yeah, uhmmm..." She muttered nervously, finally deciding to lock eyes with his.

"Song Yuna... who is she?"

Oh no she didn't-

Oh no she didn't-

What do you think Hyuck's reaction will be?