[88]

Every single step down the aisle felt like an eternity

The venue was grand and luxurious. Snow-white columns held up the exceptionally tall ceiling, a glass dome dominating it's middle. Soft rays of the midday summer sun poured in, casting a golden hue over the altar at the far end of the aisle. Lavenders and baby pink roses were placed in bouquets around the entire venue, embracing everyone with their powerful yet soft scents.

Soomin glanced up, and through the thin veil she managed to look around as she walked. Unfamiliar eyes followed her with disinterest, their sharpness and boredom cutting into the girl like a knife. Despite the graceful piano melody that accompanied her walk, Soomin couldn't bear the immense silence. No one even uttered a word. Everyone just stared at her.

Having been sucked into her own thoughts of dread, the bride hadn't even noticed that she had already walked up to the altar. She only realized when her father's arm slowly let go of hers, causing her to turn her head towards him in surprise. The man simply nodded, before walking off and sitting down at the nearest seat reserved just for him.

'It's over.'
Soomin thought, eyes slowly laying upon the few steps up to the altar.

And despite her mind yelling, thrashing and protesting, her hands grasped onto the gentle fabric of her wedding dress, pulling it up before she began ascending.

Shin Sunwoo looked at her with that meticulous, deceiving smile, extending a hand to help her walk up the few steps. Yet despite previous arrangements, he never let go of it. Instead, he only used one hand to remove her veil, and then intertwined it with her other one.

Soomin felt gross inside. She desperately wanted to push him away, knowing what kind of a horrid man he was. What he'd potentially do to her when they married. It was terrifying- but the worst thing is that she couldn't do anything about it. She never had a choice. This was her destiny.

And now, eye to eye with her future husband, Soomin listened to the officiant clear his throat and begin speaking.

"Welcome, family, friends and loved ones. We gather here today to celebrate the wedding of Shin Sunwoo and Park Soomin." The man announced in the most boring monotone voice to ever exist.

'I hate you.'
Soomin thought, eyes glaring deep into Sunwoo's.

"You all have come here to witness the beautiful union of two young, charming individuals, and the pair thank you for that dearly."

'I. Hate. You.'

"Marriage is perhaps the greatest and most challenging adventure of human relationships. No ceremony can create your marriage; only you can do that—through love and patience; through helping and supporting and believing in each other and by learning to make the important things matter, and to let go of the rest. What this ceremony can do is to witness and affirm the choice you make to stand together as lifemates and partners."

'I want to disappear.'

The officiant turned towards Sunwoo. "Will you, Shin Sunwoo, take this woman to be your wedded wife?"

'I want to be free.'

"I will." Sunwoo declared, glancing at Soomin his disgusting smile.

'I want to be with you right now, Lee Donghyuck.'

"And will you, Park Soomin, take this man to be your wedded husband?"

'Save me.'

"I-" Soomin began, but her throat clogged up. She couldn't say it out loud, she just couldn't.

'Please save me.'

"I OBJECT!" The extremely sudden and loud yell echoed through the giant venue. It came from it's tall doors at the far end, but before anyone could even turn their heads and look, the entire room erupted into dense, gray smoke.

Immediate screams of panic and loud coughs were heard across the venue, and with the thuds of chairs and rapid sounds of footsteps Soomin knew that everything had become chaos. But despite the sudden chance to run away, she couldn't. The smoke had invaded her eyes, nose, lungs. She began desperately coughing, eyes watering at the unpleasant, stinging sensation. Sunwoo didn't seem to be any better, but his hands remained tightly clasped around hers.

Soomin then let out a loud yelp, feeling a pair of hands carefully lay themselves on her shoulders from behind.

And despite the surprise causing a gush of adrenaline in her blood stream, Soomin knew exactly who it was. 

Instinctively, the girl began thrashing in Sunwoo's grip, trying to get him to let go of her wrist.

"Soomin, stop fucking-" He began in an extremely agitated and angered tone, but got cut off by a wrist plummeting into his left cheek. Sunwoo collapsed to the ground, completely destroying the wooden decoration set up behind him on the altar.

Soomin gasped, being able to witness the sight because the smoke had cleared up a little, but didn't have time to fully process before she was grabbed by the wrist and yanked towards the exit.

And they ran. With people panicking around them, with chairs being turned over and bouquets falling and shattering against the marble flooring. But they still ran and ran.

Only when they finally managed to escape the cramped venue did Soomin finally glance at his face. It was red, dusty and his hair a bit messy, but to her, he was the most handsome man in the world.

"See? I told you." Donghyuck spoke through his heavy panting. "I promised that I'd save you."

"Thank you." Soomin whispered, but doubted that he could hear her as they ran on the gray parking lot towards a black sedan that she recognized as his. "Thank you, Lee Donghyuck."

Honestly I'm surprised at how much I wrote considering that I've been having the biggest writer's block lately

Anyways, sorry for being gone for so long, how is everyone feeling?