[1]

Park Soomin's eyes slowly fluttered open and the girl was met with an unfamiliar room

Park Soomin's eyes slowly fluttered open and the girl was met with an unfamiliar room. The first thing that she noticed about it was the unsettling, rotten smell. Her vision soon adjusted and she managed to look around the tiny cell she had been thrown in.

The walls were a dark grey color that was only partially lit up by a strip of light that came from a small window to Soomin's right. The floor was made up of old looking wooden planks which seemed like they could crumble at any moment. At one of the corners the girl noticed a sink that probably used to be white, but all the dirt and rust on it made it gray/brownish. The only other interesting thing about the room was the huge, metallic door that had a small opening in it which looked out into the hallway.

Soomin bit back a groan as the piercing migraine finally hit her. The girl's hand travelled up to her temple and massaged it in an attempt for it to ease, but to no avail. Slowly but surely, the memories from a few hours ago flooded her head, making her headache even stronger.

Like every Friday evening, Soomin set out on her habitual walk. She would leave her house with the knowledge of the guards and wander around. She would then take a bus, drive for some time before stopping at a secret cliff and looking at the sun falling behind the horizon. Then, in the dark, she would simply go back. That was the norm.

But that night was different. She couldn't help but think that she was being watched. But throughout the first part of her journey, she would turn and look everywhere but there was no one there. That made her ease slightly as she went on and sat down on her cliff, ready to watch the sun set. And of course, no problem. If someone was truly watching her, they had missed a few golden opportunities.

That's what made the girl feel completely safe as the darkness finally took over and she stood up from her spot on the grass and dusted herself off. That's when she felt someone grab her wrist and she could only gasp shocked before a cloth was placed tightly onto her mouth and nose. Soomin of course tried her best to not breathe in the chemicals on it and started desperately kicking and punching the body behind her but to no avail as she slowly began losing consciousness. Then finally, to the attackers relief, the girl finally passed out, limply falling into his arms.

And here she was. Laying on a disgusting old mattress, barely covered by a thin blanket and the small pillow beneath her head feeling like a rock. Of course, this wasn't the first time this had happened, that's why the girl did not freak out. Her father was one of the richest men in the country and she had been kidnapped countless of times, by small organisations who would demand payment for her. And usually they got their wishes, except they would immediately be tracked by the police and thrown into prison.

That's why she just sat up, scratched the back of her neck, feeling that her hair had become oily due to the amount of moisture in the room.

Soomin glanced towards the metalic door and in the small window, through the iron bars, she noticed a head. His hair was brown, laced with some blonde strands and he did not seem to have noticed that the young girl had awakened. Soomin decided to mess with him a little and got up to her feet, making as little noise as possible. She slowly walked the few steps towards the door and got on her tip-toes to be able to reach the small window. She was now right by the boy's ear yet he was still oblivious.

"Hey." The girl then whispered, making him jump away in surprise.

"Ah!" He yelped out, staring at her with wide eyes, making Soomin burst out in an uncontrollable fit of laughter. The boy remained confused as her face disappeared from the metal bars and she hunched over, close to tears.

"Oh my god, your face was so funny." The girl exclaimed, looking back at him as he was still frozen in place.

"A-aren't you supposed to be scared? Or like crying?" The boy asked disbelieved as the girl's cheerful personality was the last thing he expected to see.

"Oh? Do you want me to cry? Alright then, as you wish." Soomin turned away and let out a fake sob whilst burying her face in her palms.

"N-no, I didn't mean it like that! Don't cry!" He began panicking and he ran up to the window, peeking in to see the girl slightly looking up at him.

"Dang, you look like a child." Surprise washed over her as she finally managed to get a better look on his youthful face. "How old are you?"

"I'm eigh- wait, why do you want to know that?!" The boy stepped away and as Soomin straightened up, she shrugged her shoulders.

"I mean, I feel like you'll be the only company I'll have for a while so might as well get to know each other."

"B-but then if you manage to get out, you'll tell the police-" He began stuttering and was interrupted by the girl's eye roll.

"Oh, c'mon, why would I snitch you out? You look like a minor. Besides, by the looks of it..." She looked around the small cell in slight disgust. "...you seem like a gang/organization that's just starting out. I'm not so evil to interrupt your road to fame."

"Hey, I'm not a minor! I'm 18!" The boy blurted out and an immediate realization hit him as the Soomin raised her eyebrows at him.

"So you're younger than me?"

"N-no, I-i meant-"

"By the way, my name is Park Soomin. What's yours?" Her face got close to the metal bars again, making the boy step back even further.

"I-I..."

"Are you disrespecting an elder?"

The words sent the boy into a mental battle with himself as he did not want to relay secret information, but he also did not want to be rude. Finally he sighed and looked away from her expecting gaze.

"I- It's Park Jisung."