[6]

"Did Haechan come here?"

"No, I haven't seen him since the meeting. Why?"

Soomin sighed as she stared down at her lap. Her legs were dangling off of the nursery bed as she felt waves of guilt pass through her at a rapid speed. Kun glanced towards her from where he was sorting medicine.

"Did something happen?"

The girl opened her mouth in an attempt to explain the situation but quickly gave up with a sigh.

"It's just that I know he got injured." 

"Oh." Kun hummed. "Well I can check up on him later if that makes you feel better. Is it bad though?"

Soomin nodded. "He hurt his hand. It was bad to the point that he bled quite a lot."

The doctor frowned. "Do you know what happened?"

"He punched a wall."

"He punched a wall?" Kun asked disbelieved, receiving an approving hum in response. "Damn, something must've gotten him really worked up."

"Does Haechan have a girlfriend?" Soomin couldn't help herself and blurted out the question. The elder boy gave her a long look before smirking slightly.

"Oooo, are you interested in him?"

"Nononono!" The girl shook her head violently. "But answer my question."

"Well..." Kun leaned onto the wall, racking his brain for any information. "I know that he indeed was in some sort of relationship. But that was before he joined the gang. Many of us think it may have been with his first love or something. I guess something happened in between them because anytime anyone mentions her even slightly, Haechan gets really defensive and refuses to speak." 

It wasn't much, but explained quite a lot as Soomin thought back to those photographs with the beautiful girl on them.

"Are you sure you don't know what happened to them?" 

"No clue." The doctor shrugged before he went back to organising the medicine. "Honestly I don't know why I'm telling you this. Anything I tell you could be used against us." Kun chuckled lightly, but received no response.

Soomin was too in her own thoughts to think about what he said, instead her mind was plagued by the mystery girl and her relationship with the rude, explosive boy.

"Well, thanks oppa. See you at dinner!" The girl then called out suddenly as an idea popped up in her head. Confused, Kun just waved while the girl ran out of the room.

Her legs took her to the end of the hallway and she thought again. In the end, she decided to just collect more information and stepped towards the door to her right. Then, she was frozen in place as she heard a voice. 

But it wasn't someone in the hallway. Her attentive ears picked up the sound from... Haechan's room? 

Confused, but enchanted by the honey-like voice that could be faintly heard from his door, she involuntarily leaned in it's direction. He was singing a classic, sad trot song and it sounded so... sorrowful. His voice conveyed it perfectly. 

Soomin just stood silently, slightly swaying to the music. But her daze was interrupted, when the boy abruptly stopped making the girl panic, so she threw herself at the other door.

As she shut it loudly, she was met with 2 confused faces.

"Wow, what's the rush?" Chenle asked from where he laid on the bed with his phone out.

"Uhm, I-" Soomin looked around in a slight panic. "I just wanted to check out your setup!" 

"Oh... sick." 

"Hey, Soomin..." The voice was quiet and shy and the girl turned around to find one of the elder members she had never spoken to before. From what she knew, he was quite soft spoken and not too talkative as he had never initiated conversation with the girl before. Not that that wasn't unusual.

"Yes?" She asked politely, fully turning around to face him. Awkwardly, he walked up to her and she then noticed the laundry basket he held in his hands.

"So I washed some of your clothes..." He bit his lip slightly, handing her the basket. It gave off a nice lavender scent and Soomin smiled down at her laundry before looking up at the boy.

"Thank you."

She was about to turn away when she realized that he still stood there. In confusion, she tilted her head slightly as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Is there anything else?"

"Oh, uhm, w-well..." He staggered for a bit before inhaling deeply and shuffling through his pocket. "I found this in your sweater."

He unfolded his palm to reveal a beautiful ring. It was golden and the main thing that caught the eye was the extraordinary, 24 carat diamond on it. When put in the right lighting, it reflected the colours of the rainbow, making it quite unique.

Soomin gasped in realization and she dropped the basket to the ground before snatching the ring. Slightly taken aback, the boy placed his hand back in his pocket.

He couldn't miss the distressed expression on her face as she stared down at the valuable object that was in her hand.

"Is it really important to you?" He blurted out, not knowing what else to say. The girl gulped audibly before shoving the ring into the pocket of Jaehyun's hoodie that she was currently wearing.

"Uhm, yeah I guess." Soomin muttered, avoiding the boy's gaze. In a desperate attempt to change the topic, she tried to proceed like normal. "By the way, I didn't catch your name."

"Ah... you can call me Woo." The boy awkwardly smiled.

"Nice nickname." Soomin tried to act like normal, but the ring in her pocket seemed to weigh a ton compared to it's actually tiny presence. But her mood seemed to have been deeply affected by it.

"You know what, I need to go, I'll see you around." The girl then hurriedly exclaimed and waived towards Woo before scurrying off. Confused, the boy just watched her turn the corner before glancing down to his feet.

"The basket..." He mumbled, staring at the neatly piled up clothes.

" He mumbled, staring at the neatly piled up clothes