[19]

Donghyuck was startled by her bizzare request

Donghyuck was startled by her bizzare request. The look in her eyes made him pause, unable to find a proper way to react to it.

After a few seconds of silence, he cleared his throat, looking down at the ground. "I can't sing."

"That's a lie." Soomin squeezed his wrist and his eyes went back to her surprised. "I heard you. You're really good."

"That wasn't me." Donghyuck hissed out, trying to take his wrist out of her grip but she refused to let go.

"C'mon, don't be shy." She exclaimed, followed by a breathy chuckle.

The boy's jaw clenched, feeling his blood begin to boil once again as he was getting quite pissed with her.

"I said no." He said coldly, managing to get his wrist out of her hand forcefully. "Just go to sleep."

Soomin pouted her lips, batting her eyelashes. "Pleaseee~~" She asked in a cutesy voice.

She then received the opposite of what she expected because Donghyuck inhaled a sharp breath before lashing out.

"JUST LEAVE ME FUCKING ALONE, ALRIGHT? SERIOUSLY, SHUT UP OR I'LL KICK YOU OUT!"

A long silence followed. Soomin's eyes widened an inch and she flinched, watching as he panted. The only read indication that she was scared were her shaking pupils.

The girl swallowed hard, looking down. "Fine, sorry." She muttered before turning around in the bed, facing the wall.

Donghyuck's fists clenched and he bit his lip. Without another word, he strolled out of the room, slamming the door shut behind him.

*Tik, tok, tik, tok*
The rhythmic sound of the clock ticking wasn't the only noise restricting Donghyuck from falling asleep. The unusually strong wind hit against the glass windows as well as the trees outside, creating a creepy, moaning voice. Not only that, the constant creaks and cracks emmitted by the old house were also getting on his nerves.

But the thing that was the main perpetrator behind not letting him go to dreamland was his conscience. 

Guilt.

It was an emotion that Donghyuck rarely felt. And he hated him. It made his lower stomach churn, trying to force him to do something to relieve the strong feeling. And that in turn caused him to keep tossing and turning on the couch, trying to find that non-existent comfortable sleeping position. 

Finally, the boy gave up as he sat up with a grunt. His eyes easily adjusted to the darkness as they had been open for so long that they felt quite dry. He looked around the room, running a hand through his hair as he tried to think.

He was indeed a bit too harsh on the girl. She could've truly been scared, and he had probably made it worse.

"You fucking asshole, Donghyuck." The boy muttered, his voice low and raspy. 

With a short sigh, he slid the blanket off of his body and proceeded to get up. It was as if all of his bones cracked as he first made his way to the kitchen, getting almost blinded upon turning on the lights. He navigated to the cupboard, grabbing a glass and then filling it up with some filtered water. Donghyuck managed to down the entirety of it in two sips, putting it down with such force that it almost broke.

The fresh feeling helped him make a rather thoughtless, but good intended decision.

He turned on his heel, turning off the light as he walked out into the hallway. His eyes immediately set beyond the stairs, on the complete end of it. The door to his room.

Donghyuck began taking a few quiet steps. But he almost jumped out of his skin, hearing the many footsteps begin approaching the front door which was close behind it.

He turned just in time to catch someone shortly fidgeting with the lock before the door was thrown open.

"Donghyuck?" The first person to enter asked upon turning on the lights. "What are you doing here in the dark?"

The boy let out a long, relieved breath as he watched his own members begin flooding in. The only person who seemed mildly injured was Doyoung, who was carried in by Johnny. The two quickly took off towards the infermery, followed by Kun.

"Just got up to go to the bathroom." Donghyuck muttered, maintaining eye contact with Taeyong.

"Whatever. Now get ready, quick." The leader ordered.

Donghyuck's brows furrowed. "What is it?"

"They planned a double attack. I just found out that they attacked one of our smaller locations right after attacking the big one. We gotta get going since the men there aren't going to last much longer." 

"Okay, be right there." Donghyuck exclaimed, now fully awake as he ran out to get his shoes and coat, not bothering to change out of his comfortable sleep clothing.

And also forgetting everything he wanted to do previously.

he forgot, i'm-