🚲 THIRTY-FIVE 🚲

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
- Edited -

[ Harry's POV ]

As soon as we returned to the house, Liam proposed a toast. He poured four glasses of champagne (Yes, Gael was invited too.) and stood in the middle of the living room, raising his glass up in the air. 

"To Louis." - He said, smiling proudly. - "For being an idiot, but never a criminal!"

"To Louis!" - Gael and I cheered in between laughs.

Louis just rolled his eyes, pulling me close to him by my waist.

"Thank you. I guess." - He chuckled.

I leaned down to kiss his cheek.

"It was about damn time things started to get better!" - Liam laughed after gulping on his champagne. - "Who wants another? Gael, not you. You're still driving me home. But, Lou? Harry? Let me make you guys something else." - He said, already leaping towards the kitchen.

Louis shook his head, amused.

"I haven't even finished this glass." - I laughed.

"Leave him, he needed that celebration more than me." - Louis smiled, looking at me and pecking my nose. - "He dealt with too much stress."

I smiled back, leaning into Louis' embrace and enjoying the wonderful news, sinking into the celebration mood.
Liam put some upbeat music from the kitchen and suddenly he was back with more drinks.

I almost missed the ringtone of my phone if it was not for how it vibrated against my thigh.
I separated from Louis, reaching to grab it and frowning at the unknown number on the screen.

Louis looked down too, shaking his head.

"Don't answer."

"It could be important."

"It could be Austin, using a different number to track you down." - Louis arched an eyebrow. - "Don't answer."

I sighed, hanging out the incoming call.

"There." - I said.

Louis grinned.

"Thank you." - He kissed my cheek.

And then, the phone started ringing yet again.
I looked down at the screen again. Same number.

"What if...?"

"Harry, no."

Ignoring him and freeing myself from his embrace, I ran up the stairs to the bedroom, accepting the call.

"Yes?" - I answered, hearing Louis cursing and coming after me.

"Mr. Styles?"

"Yes, it's me." - I panted, reaching the top of the stairs.

Louis was looking at me from the bottom of the stairs with a scolding expression.

"I'm calling from the police station." - I gasped. -  "To inform you that the man you recently reported, has been found and imprisoned."

"Wait?" - My eyes widened. - "Austin?"

I could see the worried look on Louis' face as he ran up the stairs, ready to snatch the phone from my hands.

I stopped him, turning aside and caging the phone against my ear to hear better.

"Yes, we were able to track him down. He still has the right to a lawyer to negotiate the number of years for his sentence. But for now, you're safe, Mr. Styles."