🚲TWENTY-ONE 🚲

♥️ This chapter is dedicated to Directioner_Swe
Thank you so much for all your incredible messages, it means a lot to me ♥️

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
- Edited -

[ Louis' POV ]

Niall had decided to show up at the studio again, apparently very excited about our last creation and wanting to write some more songs for my future album.

Also, he was very intrigued and curious about my new 'crush' as he would call it, my new wave of inspiration for love songs, and my 'stupid smile'.

So he just kept asking me questions about Harry. Because, if he was our muse and inspiration for the songs, he at least needed some insight. Or that was his excuse at least.

"So... the other day in the court room...?" - Niall raised an eyebrow.

"What about it?

"This Harry boy, he said some really nice things about you, huh?"

"Yep."

"And was it true?"

"What?"

"Did you really save him?" - Niall asked. - "Like his actual life? In an accident?"

"That's not the entire story..." - I sighed - "He kind of exaggerated it."

"He lied?" - He gasped.

"No." - I chuckled, rolling my eyes.

"So you did save his life."

"Technically." - I mumbled. - "I guess, yes I did."

"Well, in that case. Good job, man. I didn't picture you as a prince charming." - He chuckled. 

"I'm not prince charming." - I snorted.

"Bet Harry disagrees. That guy is completely into you, he looked like he adored you. And, he saved your ass."

"He is a fan. Probably that's the reason." - I said, downplaying it.

"Yeah, a fan that you wrote a love song to and who makes you smile like an idiot." - Niall laughed and I rolled my eyes at him.

"It's not like that." - I sighed. - "And besides... It's complicated. He has a boyfriend, and I don't know... now I feel bad about kissing him. I mean, he kind of cheated on his boyfriend with me. And even if it was amazing, I don't want to be that guy."

"Wait. You kissed him?"- Niall asked and I nodded. - "And, did he kiss you back?" - I nodded again. - "When?" - He gasped.

"Yes, it was last night. But I don't know what to think about it. It felt so good, but now I feel kinda guilty about it, you know?"

"I think you have a lot on your plate with the trial and the lawsuit to worry about Harry's boyfriend too, mate." - Niall chuckled. - "It's clear that you like the guy, so maybe next time you see him you should just ask him if he's serious about you. Wait that's what you want, right? You want a relationship out of this?"

"I'd really like to get to know him better. To take him on a date if he'd let me. Make it right." - I sighed, laying back on the carpeted floor and staring at the soundproofed ceiling of the studio.

"Well, there you go. Ask him, and if he tells you that he wants to keep his boyfriend, then you can decide if you want to be that guy or not. But for now, you don't know anything for sure."

"I don't know, Ni. I know for sure I don't want to be his side-lover or whatever, he doesn't seem like the type to cheat either." - I sighed, covering my eyes with my arm. - "I don't want to rush things. He also has... a lot on his plate."

"Okay, then let things take its course then. Don't push him, and don't let yourself get too attached. Just in case."

I nodded.

"I'm just... afraid that if I ask him to choose, he will only freak out."

"But you'll have to ask him eventually."

"I know."

"And let me tell you, Lou. I've never seen you this way before."

I bit my lip, smiling to myself.

"Enough talking, let's get back to work."

"Sure, man."

🚲

After we finished working the final details and recording the song, I felt very proud of the result. Of course, it still needed to be adjusted by an engineer, until we got the final version. But so far, it sounded very promising.
So, I was somehow glad that Harry couldn't make it today, because I didn't want anyone to hear it yet, not even Liam.

I actually wanted Harry to be the first one to listen to it in its finished version. But for that, we needed to wait for the right time. And today was not.

Thinking of Harry as I returned home, left me with a bad feeling. Something tugging in my gut.
I'd already figured out that his boyfriend was no good, that he didn't take care of him or even loved Harry the way he deserved, that he had him somewhat prisoner in their house and that controlled his life in ways no one should control their partner or the person they loved.

I had a bad feeling about him. About the whole situation.
And I really needed to make sure Harry was alright.
So as soon as I was home, I sent him a text.

Hey Harry. Is everything alright?

Three hours later, I still have no response.
It was getting closer to midnight and the bad feeling was getting more unsettling. What if something had happened to him?

I needed to start getting ready for bed, but I was still waiting. Still waiting for something to happen.

I tried focusing on my night routine, brush teeth, plash my face with water, put on some sweats. But when I got in bed, I simply stared at the ceiling, still waiting. 

I sent Harry one more text to see if everything was alright.
Still, no reply.

I tried to close my eyes and convince myself I was worrying over nothing. That Harry was probably sleeping peacefully and here I was biting my nails and checking my phone every two seconds. But as twelve turned into two a.m. still without response, I was practically jumping out of bed and ready to call Gael to take me to Harry's house.

But, as I was about to reach the last step of the staircase, the doorbell rang, leaving me frozen and confused.
A shiver ran down my spine, because someone at your door in the middle of the night is never a good sign.

I opened the door just enough to see who was outside.
And there, Harry was. Gripping the handles of his bike, his curls tangled in sweat, blood dripping from his lip and a bruised cheek.

"Lou." - He sobbed.

"What? Harry..." - I mumbled, opening the door all the way, looking at his injuries and trying to make sense of it all.

"Please." - His lips trembled.

"Harry, fuck. What happened to you?" - I said, extending my arms and quickly engulfing him in a hug there at the threshold.

"Can I stay here for a bit?" - He asked, separating from me with tears now running down his face.

"Of course." - I breathed out, pulling him inside.

I got both of us inside and closed the door behind us, wrapping him in a hug again. He hid his face on my neck, crying and sobbing on my ear.
Causing me to shiver with fear.
Something had happened to him, and I hadn't been there to protect him.

"Baby..." - I said, caressing his back. - "Tell me what happened."

"Austin."

And with that one word I felt my world crumble.

How could someone do this to such a beautiful soul?
How could someone do this to their partners?
I was in shock and the only thing I could do was continuing to caress his back, holding him together, letting him cry on my shoulder. 

I had a million things to say.
But none of them seemed right at the moment.
First, I needed the full story.