🚲 SEVEN 🚲

CHAPTER SEVEN
-
Edited -

[ Louis' POV ]

I was so shocked after I hung up on Harry that I actually froze on my feet for a good minute.

My phone kept ringing and I knew I couldn't answer, I really shouldn't. But I wanted to.
I wanted to explain myself, I wanted to make sure he was okay, I wanted him to rely on me if there were any complications. I, more than anything, wanted to help him.

So I promised myself that I would call him once the trails were over, so I was definitely saving his number in my phone. Just in case.

The first trial hadn't gone as good as planned, since I practically yelled at the judge, but also there was still evidence missing to actually declare me guilty.

So the moment Harry called, I was already back in the house. The house I was temporarily renting for the duration of the trials. 
If it had been my choice, I'd been already back in England. But for the time being, I needed to stay in L.A and regain credibility.

Liam frowned, punching my shoulder as my phone kept ringing in my hand, but yet I was distant, unresponsive and completely in shock. Harry's deep voice had taken over me.

"Hey. What happened? Did you say Harry? Was it... the boy?"

"Uhm..." - I shook my head. - "I... don't know. I panicked." - I breathed out.

"Oh fuck." - Liam's eyes focused on something behind me.

"What?" - I turned around.

Liam pointed at the TV. I was on the news.
We got closer to it and turned the volume on. The reporter was speaking about the trial. Of fucking course.

"The famous British singer, Louis Tomlinson, had his chance this morning, to prove he was innocent from the accusation that Charles Kellian, one of his fans, had filed against him.
The singer is very well known for being openly gay and an active defendant of the LGBTQ+ community. So, it was no news when Charles Kellian said Louis Tomlinson seemed very interested in him. Though this interest earned Kellian a few bruises. He accused Tomlinson of sexual harassment and physical aggression just over a week ago.
Today, at the first trial of this still open case, Mr. Kellian's lawyer presented evidence and photos to make Tomlinson speak.
When Tomlinson took the stand, he confirmed to the jury that he was indeed drunk the night of the aggression and that he didn't remember anything.
My question here is, are his fans going to stand by him now that we've seen what is he capable of? Guess we will see who is still showing support to him in his next concert this Sunday at the Grand Performances.
The trials aren't over yet. Tomlinson is still on the spotlight, and we'll be here to cover it until the judge has a final decision. Is Tomlinson guilty? Or will he be declared innocent?"

I quickly reached for the remote and turned off the tv, I had had enough. 

I needed air, I needed to clear my mind, I needed to get out of there.
Without caring about Liam, I ran out of the house. I remembered to cover my head with my cap and put on my sunglasses.

I knew I couldn't use my car. I hadn't driven it since the night of the accident. 
I wasn't ready.

So I decided to walk instead.

🚲

I spent the entire rest of the day just walking around places that weren't too crowded until the sun went down. From time to time, I stopped near the coast, sitting down and watching the waves crashing against the shore. The motion of the ocean soothing my nerves.

I even started writing a new song, tiny pieces of lyrics that came to me as I stared at the ocean, that somehow were all connected to the same image. Somehow, all inspired by that boy that I nearly killed in the accident.
The boy I just couldn't forget.

Harry.

He was constantly on my head, his brown curly hair all soaked in blood when I picked him, the peaceful expression on his face, and now his voice on the other side of the phone.
I didn't know if it was because of the guilt, or if it was something else under the surface.

But I just couldn't let him go.

Unlocking my phone, I went through my recent calls, and there up top was the unknown number. Harry's. 
I saved it in my contacts and stared at his name in the screen.

It was there, just a call away.
But I couldn't. At least not for now.

Soon though. Soon.

🚲

Sunday morning, I woke up with the news that Charles Kellian had talked publicly on a morning radio show.
I could see what he was doing, and he wanted to ruin my show today. He wanted to give me bad publicity. I didn't want to listen the interview he had given, but Liam entered the room screaming like a crazy person and told me that Kellian had talked about my supposedly sexual assault and that he was going to also press charges to the people who was with me that day, who saw it happen and that were part of my team, which of course included him.

Liam also reminded me that my management team needed me to post on my social media about the show tonight. That I needed to keep the focus away from the lawsuit.  Only that way I could cover Charles' statement.

"You need to make a live video or something. Bring the attention back to you." - Liam said.

"You know I don't like those stuff."- I replied.

"We need people at the show. On a normal day, there would be people camping to see you live, Louis! Right now there's only like a thousand or even less. This is already affecting your popularity, mate. And if they are buying that speech that asshole said this morning, even those are going to leave. And we can't be a failure."

"I'm pretty confident that people are going to support me. They will show up."

"Well, you might be confident, I'm not."

"Can't I do anything else?"

"You don't want to go live?"

"No, I always say the wrong thing." - I huffed.

"True." - Liam nodded. - "I've got another idea."

"What?"

"Maybe you can tweet and offer a giveaway for some meet and greets for tonight. What do you think?"

"That's a good one, actually." - I hummed.

"See?" - He smirked.

"Well, you can handle that, then. Here, take my phone and do it." - I handed him my phone from the bedside table. - "I'm going to have some breakfast."

"Louis." - He sighed.

"Your idea, mate." - I shrugged. - "I'll be in the kitchen if you need me."

I moved past him, hearing him huffing and cursing at me as I walked downstairs.
But we both knew that if he didn't need my face, then he was the man for the job.
And well, he did it.