🚲 THIRTY-SEVEN 🚲

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
- Edited -

[ Harry's POV ]

Everything felt wrong. Those words coming from Louis shouldn't feel wrong.
And when I woke up in the morning, unconsciously curled against him. I felt it again. Wrong.

Wrong because I wasn't saying it back.
Wrong because I couldn't understand it.

Wrong just because it couldn't be right.

He couldn't be serious.
It didn't seem real.

I knew I couldn't face him after that.
So, I took my bike and got out of there.

I rode my bike as far away of Bel- Air as possible. Stopping only to turn off my phone when Louis tried to reach me. I found a nice, secluded spot in the beach, enjoying the serenity and the privacy. I finally allowed myself to cry.
To let it all out.

But, as the thoughts in my head continued spiraling, I just couldn't be alone with myself any longer, so I decided it was best for me to go to my mother's house. Stay with her for the night.

I felt the anguish oppressing my chest. A knot forming in my throat.
I felt guilty for running away from the house. I felt guilty for leaving Louis.
I felt everything at all once.

So, I needed a distraction.

"Harry? What's wrong?" - She said as she opened the door. 

"Nothing, I'm fine." - I said, moving inside and collapsing on her couch.

"You're so wrong if you think I'm going to believe that." - She said, sitting next to me. 

"Just turn on the television." - I grunted.

She reached for the remote and passed it to me.
I rolled my eyes.

Turning the TV on, I quickly found NBC channel.

"Harry, I haven't seen you in days because I know you've been living your best life with Louis. Am I right?" - She asked and I nodded, not turning to look at her. - "I thought you were safe there; I've even seen you in the news the other day when Louis was declared innocent, and you were happy. But now you show up here, with red eyes from crying and I'm worried. What happened? What did Louis do?"

"He didn't do anything."

"Okay... then tell me what is making you feel like this."

"I'm like this because I ran away." 

"Harry..."

"I need to watch this." - I mumbled, ignoring her completely.

On the tv, the show had already started, and the first artists were on stage, playing their last song.
Soon enough, they were followed by another band that only played four songs.

After the second band, the host presented Louis and he walked into the stage.

I wanted to see him perform, even if I wasn't there in person as I had thought I would, I needed to see him.

After I had heard his entire setlist the day before, I knew exactly how it was going to go, what I wasn't expecting was for him to say anything about me. For him to tell everyone about me and the song he was about to play. But he did.

He told everyone I was his boyfriend on open television. He said beautiful words. He sang that song that was for me, and for me only.

And I started crying. Again.
My mother came closer to me and hugged me, drawing soothing traces in my back until the very last song was done and Louis was getting off the stage, leaving the space for the next artist.

"That boy is good for you." - She hummed. - "He loves you. Why did you run away?"

"Because he told me exactly that, he told me he loves me."