🚲 THIRTY-ONE 🚲

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
- Edited -

[ Harry's POV ]

It's been three days since I've been discharged from the hospital, three days since I've received that phone call from Louis, and three days since Liam and Gael came to pick me up and took me to Louis' house so I wouldn't be alone.

Now that Louis was gone, and the entire place was for me it felt even bigger.
I'd only been there a handful of times, but without Louis it just wasn't the same.

And now, when I couldn't leave the bed, when I spent most nights crying, when my body hurt and my mind replayed the scariest night of my life, he wasn't here.

Liam and Gael had been 'babysitting' me under Louis' request.
At first, I found it cute, because even with everything he was going through, he was still worried about me. But now, Liam had become unbearable. He was constantly over me, asking if I was okay, or if Austin had communicated with me somehow, and he was constantly begging me to speak with Louis' lawyer so he could prepare me to speak up.

I truly wanted to. I really did. But I had doubts, worries I couldn't share with Liam.

I wanted to tell the truth and to help Louis. And I was dying to see him, I was missing him so much.
But as always, something was stopping me. And that was Austin's threat.

And even more now that Austin was nowhere to be found. He was capable of anything.

I was laying in Louis' bed with my head buried in the pillow, not knowing what to do with my life or how to continue.
I was living at his place, using his clothes, eating his food, taking advantage of his kindness when I could be helping him.

And Liam just liked to remind me constantly of that.
Which only made me feel guiltier.

Somehow Louis' smell was still in the room, even if he hadn't been here for days now. Actually, the last time he was here was when we cuddled together all night, and he invited me to see his soundcheck. But that night seemed ages ago.
Everything was different now. Because after that night everything changed.

Liam was staring at me from the corner of the room.
I could see he was mad and annoyed at me, and he had every right to be.

"Okay, Harry. I think I've been patient with you. But I'm losing it. My friend is behind bars now. And he has been for the past two days. So, you'd better speak to the police to fix this. Because I'm going to start hating you otherwise."

"Please go away, Liam." - I curled up under the blankets, facing away from him.

"I'm so fucking tired of not knowing what to do. And you are the only one who can help him, Harry. You need to see that. He is waiting for you to do something. And you fucking promised him."

"I know." - I wasn't looking at him, I couldn't.

I just kept my eyes shut and buried on the soft fabric of the pillow.

"I'm going to leave, and please think about this. He doesn't deserve to be in jail for something he didn't do. And you know that."

"Yes." - I whispered.

"I'm leaving, but I'm sending Niall to stay with you today. I have some things to do."

"Wait, what Niall?" - I rushed to sit up in bed.

"Niall Horan, Louis' friend."

"Oh my god, that Niall? Wait. Does he know who I am?"

"Yes, Harry. Everyone around Louis knows who you are." - He chuckled. - "You're going to like Niall."

"Is he coming to like, babysit me too?"