🚲TWELVE 🚲

CHAPTER TWELVE

[ Harry's POV ]

I was having a really bad day. 

I hadn't slept at all during the night, and when Austin woke up the following morning, he still wasn't in a great mood. So he took it all out on me.
He yelled at me when his coffee was too sweet, he threw the remote control at the wall when I asked if we could watch Friends instead of football, he pushed me against the kitchen counter when he found out I had forgotten to buy cream cheese, and he slapped me in the face, leaving a red mark on my cheek, when he saw I was hiding in the bathroom, crying.

It was just too much. I didn't know what I did to make him this angry at me. This wasn't him.
And even though he apologized after, he kissed me softly, he petted my head as we snuggled in the couch, it still hurt.

My body was still hurting. He said he loved me. He whispered sweet things to my ear as he kissed my tears away. He said he care, and that he was just jealous and too worried about losing me. But it didn't make me hurt any less. It didn't make me want to stay, I wanted to run.

So when Louis texted me later that day, everything felt immediately better, lighter, safer.
Like his message was salvation, like I knew somehow he would protect me, like he could take the pain away.

He wanted me to go see him, and I knew he did, because if he only wanted to give me my letter back, he would have sent it, or arranging something with the people of his staff, right? But he wanted to give it to me in person.

Yet something was stopping me from going. I couldn't leave Austin, not after this morning. He would want to know who I was going to see, where I was going to be, and how long I was going to be gone. If he even let me leave the house.

And I couldn't let him ruin this for me, I couldn't let him find out about Louis. It would only make things worse.

Yet Louis was so persuasive, that I couldn't say no to him. I hid my phone so Austin couldn't see the conversation and I sent Louis the address of my mother's house, so he would send the car to pick me up from there.

I kissed Austin in the cheek as I hurried to our bedroom, I changed my clothes into something casual, I looked at myself in the mirror and, luckily, the red mark on my cheek was vanishing now.
Though I couldn't say the same about last night's bruises.

Before leaving, I told Austin I was going to visit my mother, and fortunately, he was calm enough at the moment to believe me.
I sighed in relief, one less problem for now.

I ran the thirty blocks to my mother's house and sat at the front door's steps to wait.
After a couple of minutes sitting there, I guess she saw me through the windows and opened the door with an inquiring expression on her face.

"What are you doing sitting out here?"

"I'm waiting for someone."

"Who?" - She frowned in confusion.

I smiled and gestured her to sit down next to me. Chuckling, she sat and looked at me suspiciously.

"Remember the guy who took me to the hospital?" - I smirked.

"Yes..." - She trailed.

"Well, I met him."

"What?!"

I shrugged. 

"I met Alex Williams."

She gasped.

"Harry, if you know who he is we have to sue him. He almost killed you!"

"No, mom. Hear me out. He is nice, really nice. And we've been texting, and we get on really well. So, I'm not going to sue him or anything."

"But Harry..."