🚲TWENTY-NINE🚲

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

- Edited -

[ Harry's POV ]

I didn't want to lie.
I didn't want to defend Austin, not when he was the person who hurt me this way.

But this was the person who only hours before had threatened my life, and Louis'.
What if by speaking the truth only triggered him to do more harm?
What if by saying it was him, I only made things worse?

As it was, at least I knew how to please him.
And I knew that by being away from Louis, I'd protect him.

But by confessing? It was unknown. And I could be putting more people than just me at risk.

So I had to lie.
I had to say it was all a misunderstanding, that I had fell, that we were just having sex like any other couple would, that I was hurt because of the fall, not because of him.

I didn't know if the officer believed me when I said so. 
I didn't know if I had been enough. But at least I tried.

They started asking more questions, trying to get more information from me.
I felt pressured, exposed, judged and I couldn't stop myself from crying yet again.

After a few minutes, they stopped insisting and they left the room.
And again, I was left alone.

Though, just moments later the door burst open, and Austin came in, quickly locking the door behind him. Before I could even say anything, he put his hand on my mouth, leaning over me and pressing me down against the mattress.

I didn't want him to touch me. But I couldn't fight back.
I felt paralyzed, flashbacks of the night before returning piece by piece.

Where was Louis?
I wanted Louis back. I wanted Louis to touch me, to hug me, to tell me that everything was going to be alright. 

"I don't have much time." - Austin whispered in my ear. - "You've better not said anything. Because Harry, this doesn't end here, okay? You're mine. We have been together since high school. You'll give me another chance, okay? We're going to be together after this because you don't want to know what would happen otherwise."

"I don't want to..." - I mumbled into his hand, my eyes shut. I was afraid he would hit me. - "I don't want to be with you anymore."

"You are not thinking clearly, love." - He said sharply.

"Yes, I am. I want to break up with you." - I said mumbled, grabbing his wrist and trying to pull it away from my mouth. But he was stronger.

"You're talking nonsense, Harry! You? Breaking up with me?! I should be the one dumping you! You're a fucking slut who cheated on me! And yet I'm giving you a second chance to be with me!"

Austin was mad and he did exactly what I didn't want him to.
He hit me on the face. Not once, not twice. He hit me more times that I could count. He reopened the wound of my lip. It started bleeding once again.

But I couldn't find the strength to stop him. I never could.
I waited until he got tired of hitting me and he separated from me.

"You deserved that." - He whispered again. - "And if you say something about what happened, I can assure you I'll find you and kill you, Harry. Or even worse, I'll kill that fucking singer you're cheating me with. You're mine." - He grabbed my chin to keep me still and kissed my lips roughly. - "And you'll keep your mouth shut."

He didn't wait around much longer, leaving the room once again.

And just like that, all my suspicions, my worst nightmares, were all true.
I knew I had done what was best for Louis.