🚲 EIGHT 🚲

CHAPTER EIGHT
- Edited -

[ Harry's POV ]

When I my phone's screen lit up with a notification from Louis' Twitter account, I almost screamed. 

The post said he was giving away some meets and greets for tonight's show. And not only that, but also, he was going to make it a live event for his Instagram account. So that way, the world could see how he actually treats his fans.

Of course I wanted to be one of the winners. Maybe I could even help him by saying to the cameras that he saved my life. Quite literally.

Unluckily, as I checked the conditions and the terms of the giveaway, I wasted too much time, and the winners were picked before I could even enter the contest.
But I didn't mind, because I knew I was going to be noticed by him with or without the meet and greet.

That's why I put my favorite outfit on, I wanted him to have a better impression of me, he had only seen me in a hospital bed for God's sake.

It was still early, I had plenty of time before the show started. But knowing this was a free event, I needed to claim a spot before anyone else.
A good one.

Also, I still needed to walk the distance to my mother's place to get my bike.
That was the only possible way I could get to the venue.

But, before I left the house, Austin stopped me.

"Where do you think you're going dressed like that?"

"There's a free concert downtown. I thought I could go?"

"You didn't tell me."

"I didn't think you would mind. I'm sorry. Can I go?"

"Are you going alone?"

"Yes."

"What time are you going to be home?"

"I don't know, nine maybe?"

"Harry, let me make this clear. You'd better not be cheating on me, because you don't want to see me angry. And you know I love you, so be careful on what you're doing."

"What? What made you think I'm cheating on you? I could never!"

"You've been acting weird."

"And you have been too overprotective lately, babe."

"Watch your mouth."

"I'm sorry, babe, I'm late. We can talk about this tonight. Okay?" - I smiled, leaning up and kissing his lips.

"Sure." - He said angrily. - "You better be home by the time I return from the bar tonight. You don't want to see me pissed."

I shivered, looking down and nodding.

"I know." - I whispered.

I could feel myself shaking. He was right, I did not want to see him pissed again. Not after last time.
But I didn't want to worry about it today, not when it was my happy day. Not when today was meant to be about Louis.

So, flashing him one last forced smile, I took my backpack -In which I had safely tucked the now taped-back-together letter- and closed the door behind me.
Leaving my problems inside the house for the time being.

With quick pace, I walked to my mother's house to retrieve my bike from the garage. As she let me inside, she saw the big smile on my face, and she couldn't help but ask.

"Where are you going so happy?"

"I'm going to meet Louis Tomlinson." - I grinned.

"Really?" - She chuckled. - "How?"

"I don't know yet." - I shrugged. - "But I will."

"Okay?"

I laughed.

"Don't worry about it. I'll tell you everything when I'm back."

With that, I kissed her cheek and wheeled the bike out of the garage. 
Only turning back to wave at her, I felt like I had no more obstacles between me and Louis Tomlinson.

Today was the day.

🚲

I rode my bike until I made it to the venue. As expected, lot of people were already there, collapsing the entrances, claiming their spots, elbowing people to try and reach the front of the stage.
Security was already handing cups of water to dehydrated fans, and the show was still five hours away.

But I wasn't that worried about having a spot for the show for now. My main focus was to get backstage and sneak in the meet and greet.
I left my bike tied to a tree nearby the venue, in a more tranquil area, and surrounding the place, I found the crew trucks and the closed-to-public, staff-only, delimitated area.

When I spotted what I guessed was the black curtains that led backstage, I also noticed there were two security guards plus other members of the staff hanging around.

I needed an excuse credible enough to allow me to get closer.

I thought it through for a while, until a marvelous idea came to my mind.
Grabbing my bike again from where I had left it, I rode to the nearest visitor center and stole a big map of the city.
As I returned to the delimitated backstage entrance of the venue, this time on my bike, I got closer, stopping in front of the security guards, only setting one foot on the ground to balance the bike. And there, I put my acting skills to action.

"Sorry, hi." - I said, showing them the map in my hands. -  "I'm not from the area, would you tell me how to get to Wilshire Boulevard?" - I asked. - "I see there's a bit of commotion here, and I would like to avoid it." - I bit my lip. - "Can you help me?"

"Yeah, you may want to avoid this area at least until the show ends." - One of them chuckled. - "Let me see." - He took the map from my hands and showed it to his partner. - "Maybe if he goes down this one it'll get him faster, yeah?" 

As they discussed what path would be the quicker and easier for me to get to the famous street, I put my foot back on the pedal and passed through them, pedaling as fast as I could. I went past the backstage curtains and kept pedaling without looking back.

I could hear shouts behind me, rapid footsteps reverberating in the corridor behind me as I passed several crew members who moved out of the ways as they saw me and zigzagging around what looked like piles of sound equipment.

I stopped abruptly when I saw an open door with a bunch of girls inside, crying, laughing and shaking their copies of Louis' album. Obviously, it was the meet and greet.

I couldn't even let the relief and sense of victory settle in, because I couldn't lose anymore time.

I could see Louis sitting at a table, just signing albums and photos for the girls, he was laughing and making jokes to them, just like he did when I had the chance to meet him the year before. 

I rushed inside, letting my bike fall behind me in the corridor, and I walked straight to his table, ignoring everyone else, as I extended my arm and set the letter he had written a week ago on the table.

"I would like an autograph, please."

Louis looked up at me with a frown on his face, but then a spark of recognition hit his eyes.

He opened his mouth to say something, but then he looked at the letter in front of him, pen on his hand, ready to sign it. Yet he didn't.
He stared at the piece of paper, and I could see how his muscles tensed, the pen in his hand started shaking, and then he finally looked up at me again.

"Harry?"