🚲 THIRTY-NINE 🚲

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
- Edited -

[ Harry's POV ] 

A week had passed since the day Louis said he loved me, and there hasn't been a day he hadn't been anything but comprehensive with me.
He was constantly asking me how I was, what I wanted to do, if I was comfortable, if I wanted him to stay or leave the room, etc.
He didn't say 'I love you' not even once these past days, and I had to thank him for that. Because still, I was not ready to hear it.

We did have several conversations about my future, he seemed very insisting about it.
But maybe he accomplished it, because since he mentioned it, I couldn't stop thinking about it, and his suggestions had been spinning around in my mind for days. I'd been searching on the internet for L.A cooking schools.
And finally, I made up my mind about cooking.

But before telling Louis, I wanted to compensate him first.
Compensate him for being so nice and tender with me, for being so cautious and sweet, for understanding parts of myself I didn't even understand fully, for seeing and listening to me, for waiting, and for saving my life.
Now, that everything calmed down, I felt like I owed him a lot.

"Baby?" - He asked from upstairs with a morning voice. - "Where are you?"

"Kitchen. Just stay there, I'll be there in a second."

"I miss you." - He whined and I couldn't help but melt inside.

Quickly wrapping up what I was doing, I ran upstairs to the bedroom and climbed over him on the bed with both of my knees at his sides.

"You missed me?" - I asked, grinning down at him.

"Like crazy." - He rested his hands on my thighs, running his thumbs up and down.

"But I only was in the kitchen." - I lifted a hand to tousle his hair.

"I don't care." - He said, pulling me down to peck my lips. - "You should have stayed in bed with me." - Louis mumbled in my hair and then made his way down to my neck, leaving a trace of tender kisses from my earlobe to my shoulder.

"I have to go back, though."

"Why?" - He pouted.

"I'm preparing a surprise for you."

He smirked.

"Okay, you can go, then."

I giggled.
 As he pushed me on my back, rolling us so he was on top, I stared at his lips for a second.

"Say it." - I said.

Louis kept me caged on his arms, hovering over me.

"Huh?"

"Say it." - I repeated.

Louis chucked, understanding.
He brushed the curls out of my forehead with his fingertips, and got his face closer to mine.

"You can kiss me if you want to." - He whispered.

I didn't waste another second and joined my lips with his.