🚲 THIRTY 🚲

CHAPTER THIRTY
- Edited -

[ Louis POV ]

When the officers escorted me out of the hospital, the only thing I could hear was Liam shouting at them as I was being shoved into a police car.

I knew Liam would find the way to get me out of there, I knew that he was already calling my lawyer.

But all I could think about was how unfair it was that the motherfucker being shoved in the car next to me was who made the officers think I was the one to blame. Why when all the evidence pointed at him, he still found a way to make me a suspect to?

He found a way to make it look like the texts I sent Harry were evidence of manipulation, he had apparently presented the police with the letter I wrote for Harry after the accident, everything.
Everything I had done for Harry or Harry had done for me was now being inspected and analyzed as possible evidence.

While the actual evidence was being discarded, because Harry had lied in his statement.

Austin knew he had me, he knew that while I had another open cause or aggression, this was not going to go unnoticed. And of fucking course he knew they would be inclined to think it was me and dismiss everything I said.

When we arrived at the police station, Liam and Gael entered behind me. The officers didn't allow them to talk to me though.

Austin explained his 'version' of the night before to the officers as I was pulled into a private room.
They just left me sitting on a bench in a private room with my hands handcuffed in my back.
They asked all the same questions I had already answered three times before.  They told me that I could call my lawyer while I was under investigation.

But I knew Liam had already called him, so instead, I used my phone call to check on Harry.

I needed to speak to him, to tell him that I wasn't mad at him, that he was going to be alright, that even if I was here, I was going to make sure he had the protection he needed.
I couldn't know for sure if Austin had been released or not, and that worried more than anything.

Because if that bastard was free, he would with no doubt return to the hospital to harm Harry again. To patronize him, to manipulate him.
And I couldn't let that happen.

Because one of the things that kept spinning in my head was the thought of Austin raping him again after I left, of him hitting Harry again, or just the thought of him even insulting Harry. Because Harry didn't deserve any of that.

But since my phone had been taken from me, I didn't have Harry's number on me. 
Instead, I remembered something.
Earlier today, after the officers took me out of his room, Anne, had managed to give me her number in a little paper. She placed it in my pocket when she saw me crying earlier. She told me Harry was going to be okay. That she would make sure of it.

I could call her. So, I picked the phone the officers gave me and asked them if they could hand me the piece of paper with Anne's number from the pocket of my coat.
Luckily, I still had that paper.

"Hello?" - A female voice came through the line.

"Anne. Hello, it's Louis. May I talk to Harry? Please. I don't have much time." 

"Oh my God, Louis. Hi! Yes, sure. But first, are you okay?" - She sounded very worried.

"Yes, I'm just in a bit of a hurry."

"Sure. Harry, honey, it's Louis." - I heard she handed the phone to him.

"Lou?"

"Baby." - I sighed in relief.