🚲 TWO 🚲

CHAPTER TWO
- Edited -

[ Harry's POV.]

I could feel my head pounding even before I opened my eyes. And even if that was something I got used to lately, the sounds around me didn't seem familiar at all, and someone was holding my hand just a bit too tight. Something was wrong.

As I blinked my eyes open, I noticed the bed wasn't my bed, the room wasn't my room, and the person holding my hand was my mother.

"He is awake, Anne." - Austin's voice came from behind me, sending shivers down my spine.

"Harry, Love?" - My mom looked up at me, squeezing my hand even tighter. - "Oh, thank God!" - She cried.

"Mom?" - I frowned, trying to free my hand from her grip. - "What is it? Where am I? What... Did something happen?"

"Oh, honey." - She sighed, smiling. - "You're okay. You had an accident last night, but you're okay." - She said with her softest voice.  - "You're in a hospital. Okay?"

"What kind of accident?" - I frowned, somehow trying to remember, to fill in the blanks, but nothing came to me.

"On your bike. But everything is fine."

Austin huffed, showing up at the side of my bed.

"Everything is fine because you had a knight in shining armor, right?" - He said with sarcasm in his tone. And maybe, most likely, jealousy.

"Austin, please." - My mother said, eyeing him.

"What are you saying?" - I asked him, without looking directly into his eyes.

"A guy brought you here, a guy that saved you, apparently." - He snorted. - "That is what the nurses said. And he left you this." - He handed me a piece of paper.

"What is this?"

"Just read it." - My mother said, with a soft smile.

Still feeling overwhelmed, I took the letter from Austin with shaking hands. As I opened the piece of folded paper, I could sense all eyes on me. Waiting for my reaction.

The handwriting was sloppy and seemed rushed, childish even. But there was something in it that felt strangely familiar, immediately igniting curiosity within me.
The letter read:

Dear Harry,

First of all, I'm sorry.
I'm sorry that you had to live this, I'm sorry that I can't stay and tell you everything in person, I'm sorry that I didn't see you. 

I don't know how this happened; I still don't understand. But I have to come clean to you. Earlier tonight, when you were calmly riding your bike, I was irresponsibly driving, and I didn't see you coming. For this, I'm terribly sorry. I tried to hit the brakes, I promise I tried, but yet I hit you with my car and I'm so so sorry I can't even put it into words.

I couldn't leave you there, you were bleeding, unconscious, and I honestly thought you were going to die. So, I carried you to this hospital and waited here by your side until I knew you were okay, and the nurses called your mum. I'm glad someone is coming to take care of you.