🚲 TWENTY-EIGHT 🚲

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
- Edited -

[ Louis' POV ]

When we woke up, the night had finally come to an end.
It was a brand-new day, and Harry was still wrapped around me.
But most importantly, he was still safe.

The nightmare had ended, and he was finally safe.

I could see the sunlight coming through the half-opened curtains of the room, Harry's breathing like melody in my ears and the weight of him over my body like the warmest blanket in the world.
I lifted my thumb to touch his cheek, trying somehow to erase those awful marks Austin had left. Trying to magically take away his pain, take away the bruises that would be his visual reminders of this nightmare for the next days.

My baby was hurt, and all I could think of was how much I wanted to wash his pain away. I wanted to be the soft pillow where he could land on, I wanted to be the one making him forget about how wrong and dangerous the world could be.

Harry must have felt the soft touch of my fingertips and started to open his sleepy eyes, his soft, beautiful, hypnotizing, green eyes which I couldn't get enough of.
He caught me staring at him and smiled.

"Is it morning already?" - He asked and I nodded. - "Uhm." - He hummed, leaning to peck my cheek. - "Good morning, did you sleep well?"

"Yes baby. Did you?"

"Mmmm." - He nodded and closed his eyes again.

I chuckled, leaning down to kiss the top of his head.

"I think it's time for us to get up. Don't you think?" - I asked, making traces on his hair.

"Do you have to work today?"

"I should. But I want to stay here. I'm sure the doctors have to check on you again. And they'll probably keep you for bit. You know, for your safety."

He sighed, smiling softly.

"I want you to stay too. Do you know how long I will have to stay here, though?"

"I don't know, baby. You have to speak with the police first."

He made a frustrated sound with his tongue and buried his head back in my neck.
He left a trail of light kisses there, making his way up to my earlobe.

"I don't want to." - He mumbled after a while.

"What?"

"I don't want to talk to them."

"Why baby? They're going to help you."

"They're going to judge me."

"No, they won't. I will be here with you, if they judge you, I'll just punch them in the face."

"Then you'll end up in jail for sure." - He laughed.

"Well, maybe you're right." - I giggled and placed a kiss on his forehead. - "Not punching police officers, then."

"Please don't." - He chuckled. - "I think you're in enough trouble as it is." - He smiled up at me. - "I believe you, you know."

"Huh?"

"We never talked about this, but I believe you wouldn't be capable of doing what you've been accused of." - He shrugged. - "Not even if drunk."

I smiled, nodding.

"Thank you, baby." - I hummed. - "I think it's all quite unfair. But don't worry about it. My team will figure it out. I trust them."

"Good." - He grinned, leaning up and pecking my lips. 

I was about to lean down and steal another kiss from him, several kisses if possible.
But suddenly, we felt the door of the room slamming open.
And what I saw, who I saw, made me tense every single one of my muscles around Harry.