🚲 TWENTY-SEVEN🚲

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
- Edited -

[ Harry's POV ]

Loud noises were heard, screaming voices and loud footsteps on the hallway outside the hospital room, interrupting our calm. I felt Louis' muscles tensing behind me, his arms tightening around my waist.

And then, the door of my room burst open.
I lifted myself enough just to see my mother standing by the door.

"Mom?" - I asked.

"What is this?" - She said, looking at Louis. - "What did you do to him?"

"I swear I didn't do anything to him." - Louis said, quickly sitting up and letting go of me.

She looked pissed.
My mother was pointing with her threatening finger at him.

"Get away from my son."

"Okay." - He said, calmly climbing off the bed.

"Mom, please." - I said while I sat up on the bed. - "He's telling the truth. He didn't do anything wrong." - I flashed a reassuring smile at Louis. - "It was... Austin."

"What?!" - She turned to me.

"Yes." - I sighed. - "Austin did this to me. Louis had nothing to do with it. In fact, he is the reason I'm safe and sound now. So please, stop yelling at him." - I said, smiling softly at her.

My mother looked back and forth between me and Louis. She seemed to be thinking about it, to be digesting the information, trying to make sense of it.
But then, she let out a sigh and she came towards me, wrapping me in a hug.

"My baby, I'm glad you are okay. I found out about this because of the news, you weren't answering the phone, and I just... " - She sobbed.

"It's okay, mom. I'm okay."

She sobbed again, clinging to my body.

"I don't understand." - She cupped my face in her hands. - "How... when..." - She stuttered. - "When did it get this bad between you and Austin?" - She whispered. - "Why didn't you say something?"

"Mom." - I shook my head. - "I'm very tired." 

She huffed, letting go of me and stepping back.

"Where is Austin then?"

"He disappeared." - Louis replied now.

And with the sound of his voice, my mom and I both turned to look at him.
He was still standing in the corner of the room, looking nervous for my mother's presence.

"I know you." - My mother said to him.

"Mom, he is Louis." - I said to her and I gestured to Louis to come closer to us.

"I'm sorry that we have to meet under these circumstances." - He said, extending his hand at her.

She nodded and shook his hand.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you. I thought you had hurt my Harry."

"I understand where you were coming from." - Louis smiled. - "But I promise I'd never hurt him."

"And you were there when this happened?" - My mother frowned.

"No, mom. I called him. And he came to help." - I grinned, making grabby hands at Louis.

I extended my arms, and he understood. He climbed up on the bed and sat down next to me, wrapping me tightly in his arms again.
I smiled widely, resting my head on his shoulder and pecking the side of his neck softly.
I didn't care if my mother was watching us. Because, after everything, I just needed someone to comfort me, someone who would make me forget.