🚲 FIFTEEN 🚲

Again, let's just all pretend I know anything about law.
Mag🦋

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
- Edited -

[ Louis' POV ]

Wednesday morning had arrived, and it was the day of the second session of the trial against Kellian.

The 'Puzzles' employee was the first one to take the stand. She had already talked and was questioned by my lawyer about the evening which the aggression was supposed to happen. Even though she was definitely nervous, she did great while my lawyer was talking to her. She said to the judge that he did remember Louis from that night, since she was a fan and apparently was the one pouring the shots for Louis and his team, but she didn't recognize Charles' face. Or even remembered me getting close to anyone that wasn't my crew.
Point for me there.

But when the opposite lawyer took the lead, he made the judge take an ambiguous position. That son of a bitch was good.

"You are saying that the night of the incident you were on the night shift, right?" - The employee nodded. - "And you were serving Mr. Tomlinson here." - She nodded again. - "Do you remember what he was drinking?"

"He had about four shots of Vodka if I recall correctly. And a beer."

"Could you tell if he was drunk?"

"I don't know. Maybe." - She shrugged. - "Alcohol tolerance is different in everyone."

"Or maybe you just don't remember because you had a lot of work that night, right?"

"It was a crowded night, yes." - She nodded. 

"And since the bar was so crowded, maybe you missed Mr. Tomlinson approaching Mr. Kellian."

"I don't remember Mr. Tomlinson leaving the bar." - She shook her head.

"But were you paying full attention to him, or were you serving other clients?"

"I was serving other clients."

"So, it's probably that you missed it when Louis harassed Charles, then."

She sighed.

"I could have missed it." - She shrugged.

"No further questions."

I huffed.
When the girl moved passed us to leave the room, she sent an apologetic smile in my direction. I only nodded, a tight smile on my lips.

It wasn't her fault. None of this is anyone's fault but Charles'.

Now Liam, my lawyer and I were waiting for Niall who was going to be the second to take the stand. But he hadn't shown up yet.
The judge was getting impatient, and Charles' Lawyer was trying to dismiss Niall's statements for being late.

Luckily for me, he opened the doors of the room before the judge made a decision. And Niall quickly took the stand, excusing himself for being late.

"I have known Louis for about ten years now and I can tell for sure that he isn't a bad guy. He has never done anything that would hurt any human being. Or animals." - He added.

"Have you ever seen him drunk?" - This time my lawyer was making the questions.

"Yes."

"How is he when he is drunk?"

"He just likes to have fun, he laughs a lot, he is extremely funny, he dances very weirdly, and he just plays around with everyone, but never in a mean way. He kind of turns into a child when he is drunk."