🚲 THIRTY-TWO🚲

This fic is a mess and I'm pissed at my past self.

Editing Mag 🦋

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
- Edited -

[ Louis' POV ]

After the day I spent under investigation, the judge of my ongoing case against Kellian had determined after hours of debating, that I was guilty. Charles' lawyer presented a copy of the police report and used it to validate what Charles and Jamie had said or, better said, what they lied about.
So I ended up behind bars without even able to defend myself.
Just putting all trust on my team, on Richard and Liam and, at this point, just anyone who wanted to help me.

The officers put me in an individual cell, pros of being a famous person, I guess.
And still, they had been the longest two days of my life.

I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, I couldn't distract myself with absolutely anything.
It was torture. I was worried and panicking for all the things I couldn't control.

I wasn't allowed to have visitors yet, and I knew Liam was probably driving nuts about that.
So was I.

The only one who I could talk to was Richard. He came the day before to update me.
It'd been hard for him; he was trying to talk to the judge to give me more time for Kellian's case while also working with Liam to get Harry on board. He was doing double the work, and even though I appreciated it, I was losing hope. 

It was amazing how being locked away and isolated could make you lose all hope in just a few days.
I knew I shouldn't have put my entire faith in one person, but I kind of did. I trusted Harry way too much, I liked him way too much and that blinded me.
So now I was screwed.

It wasn't until the third day behind bars that the officers came to my cell.
I immediately noticed something had changed, they weren't there to give me food, they weren't escorting Richard to speak to me. No, this time they were actually opening my door.

"Tomlinson, you're out."

"What?"

"Apparently you're not guilty." - One of them chuckled. - "Go enjoy." 

"What? How?" - I frowned, stepping out of the cell carefully.

"We have evidence on someone else. You'll still be under investigation for a while. But you can go back to your place. Here you have your clothes and personal items." - He handed me a bag.

"Really?"

The officer started walking away from me while I stood there, immobilized.

"Are you coming or not?" - He asked.

"Can I put my clothes on first?" 

The officer turned back around, stopping in the middle of the corridor.

"Quick."

I stripped, quickly discarding my prisoner clothes into the cell and slipping on my own clothes I had missed so much.

As I followed the officer through endless corridors, I wasn't expecting to see anyone waiting for me. But I believe my eyes flew open when I spotted the familiar silhouette in the waiting area. 

He was there. 

Harry.
When we crossed that final door dividing the cells from the real world, the officer left my side.
I was already out. I was the owner of my own freedom again.
I couldn't even understand how tense I had been until I felt it all lift from my shoulders. Until I felt the relief.