🚲 TEN 🚲

CHAPTER TEN
- Edited -

[ Harry's POV ]

When the security guards took me back to the street, I was practically ecstatic. Louis Fucking Tomlinson had recognized me, and he was worried about me. He told the guards not to hurt me. He really was my knight in shining armor.

I smiled at the guards and thanked them as they handed me the bike. I didn't think there was anything that could kill my mood at that moment. 

Before making my way around the venue and searching for a good spot to actually enjoy the show, I needed to secure my bike back in the tree.

Making my way through the crowd, I struggled to find a good spot to watch the show where I wasn't actually suffocating. All the people who had arrived earlier had the best spots, so I gave up, sticking to watch the entire show from the furthest corner of the pit.
Where, at least, I had air to breathe and a peripheral view of the stage.

Suddenly my phone lit up with a notification, this time was a message from him. Not a tweet, not an Instagram post notification, but an actual text. From the actual Louis Tomlinson.
Did he save my number? Oh my god, Louis Tomlinson had actually saved my number on his phone.

We talked for a moment, and I could tell by his messages that he was worried that I would give him away.
I made sure to assure him I wouldn't do that. Because why would I want to, to be honest? His texts were so nice, like he really wanted to speak to me. Like he really cared.
And maybe this was wishful thinking, but I thought he and I had connected for a fragment of a second when he recognized me.

So no, I was not going to be a problem for Louis Tomlinson. The accident could be as well forgotten, buried. 
I was not giving him away.

After the show ended, I felt the urge to text Louis again right away, but I contained myself.
I didn't want to be that unbearable fan who stalks him. Not after knowing he had me on his phone and that he actually seemed interested on talking again later today.
I was going to text him? A 100% percent. But I needed to wait for a moment.

Take distance and evaluate.

As the crowd dispersed, I went back to get my bike from the tree once again, smiling to myself when I found it.

"You are giving me luck, aren't you?" - I chuckled, brushing my palms on its handles. - "Great first adventure together, don't you think so? It was definitely quite a day." 

Without wasting much time, I started the way back to my mother's house to drop the bike.
By the time I got there, my mom was having dinner, and she asked me if I wanted to stay, but I declined. I had promised Austin I was going to be home by nine, so I needed to get home before he returned from the bar. 

Unlocking my phone to see what time it was, I remembered I still hadn't texted Louis after the show, so as I made my way out of the house, waving my mom goodnight, I settled for just two words.

Incredible show.

Simple but effective.
Then, I spotted the time on the corner of the screen. 
Five minutes till nine. 

Shit.

🚲

I knew I was late; I knew Austin was going to be pissed and with reason.
Because I couldn't keep my promise.

I had run the nearly thirty blocks from my mother's house towards my own, praying and begging to whoever was listening that Austin hadn't gotten there yet.
But when I arrived home, he was there, already waiting for me in the living room couch.

And he didn't seem very happy.

"It's half past nine." - He said, not even looking in my direction, his eyes focused on the TV in front of him.

"Sorry, I stopped at my mom's to say hello before coming here." - I said, excusing myself.

"They were watching that Tomlinson's show today at the bar. Is that where you were?"

"Yes. Do you want me to make dinner?" - I said, changing the subject.

"No, first come here." - He said, sending shivers down my spine.

I got closer and sat down next to him. Sharply, Austin took my cheeks in his both hands, pulling me closer by his strong grip.

"Harry, I know you, and I know there's something wrong with you. So, if you don't want me to be jealous, you'd better tell me what's going on."

"Nothing. What makes you think that?" - I whispered, fighting the impulses of looking away from him.

"Are you cheating on me?" - He demanded, pulling my hair and making me whine in pain.

"No! Austin, please! You're hurting me."

"Okay, I'm sorry." - He backed off, brushing a hand on my hair softly. - "I believe you."

"Thanks." - I whispered.

He nodded, pressing a kiss on my cheek.

"Baby, I wanted to let you know that today I've spent that money that Alex Williams gave you."

"What?" - I gasped. - "You spent my money?"

"Well, you never came to the fancy dinner I had planned with me, so I figured I'd treat myself with some brand-new clothes and a nice watch." - He smirked, turning his attention back in the TV and resting his hand on my thigh. - "Is there any problem with that, sweetheart?"

I looked down at his hand in my thigh, feeling my hands start to shake at my sides.

"No, it's fine." - I mumbled.

"Cool. Harry, I want to have sex tonight." - His hand moved higher and closer to my groin. - "So, you can prepare dinner now and then we can make our own dessert in bed." 

He winked in my direction, palming me over my trousers and making me shiver.
Shiver with fear.

🚲

I didn't want to make him angrier than he already was, I didn't want him to think I was cheating on him, I didn't want to disappoint. So I followed his lead.
I prepared dinner for both of us, and then we had sex.

I wanted to please him; I really did. But he was very aggressive and left me hurting. And it wasn't the first time something like this had happened.
That night, I couldn't sleep well because of the pain between my legs. My torso was now marked and bruised, his fingers gripping me a bit too hard.
Austin was really strong. I was used to that.

He had always shown me his love by claiming me.
He did it with love, he was marking his territory.
But that night I laid awake feeling helpless and aching to get away of his reach.

I wanted to talk to someone, because I felt hurt.
But Austin drove all of my friends away and my mother wasn't exactly an option, she wouldn't understand.
And I didn't have anyone else.

Austin made sure it was only me and him against the world. And I went with it, because I love him, and it was romantic. But now, it wasn't as romantic as I thought it would be, because right now I was pretty lonely.

I decided to hold on to something happy. I kept replaying the images of Louis' show in my head, his voice, his eyes, his smile, but mostly the way he looked at me, just me. And then, his texts.

Somehow it felt like he had appeared in my life just at the right time, to save me.
Wouldn't that be ironic?