🚲 FOURTEEN 🚲

Well this chapter is dedicated to hannieduhh
Hope you like it 💕.
-------------

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
 - Edited -

[ Harry's POV ]

Only when I arrived at my mom's house, I allowed myself to cry.
She opened the door and immediately took me into her arms, cradling me against her chest and guiding me to the couch.
She asked me what was wrong, she begged for me to say something, she didn't understand; But I couldn't explain to her either.
It was all too much for me to handle and impossible to put into words.

First, Austin being mad this morning, shouting, hurting me, punishing me just because of his jealousy. Then, Louis inviting me to his house, sending a driver to get me, giving me all these presents and nice words and attention like I deserved them; And then again, me worrying about what Austin would say to me if he found out about Louis and leaving him behind, letting him down.

I wanted to help Louis, I knew he was a good man and he deserved to get himself out of that lawsuit, and just the thought of him going to prison made my heart clench. He didn't deserve it. Not at all.
But Austin was waiting for me at home, and I needed to make things work for us, I needed to be with him.
Austin didn't allow me to hang out with other people, even less he would like me helping Louis. He would never approve of me even seeing Louis.

Louis wasn't making it easier for me to be what Austin needed. Louis was making me want to do things I would have never thought of before.
And if Austin ever found out, it would only make him angrier at me.

But yet again, when I saw Louis leaning to kiss my cheek, his body hovering over me, every inch of my skin tingled with want. In that moment, I really wanted to let Louis to kiss me on the cheek before leaving his house. And, honestly, I didn't know how I managed to run away from there, but I knew it was the best decision.

I needed to prioritize my relationship, not some stupid fantasy.

All of these thoughts were spinning around my head. I needed to fix it, to fix it all. To mend my relationship with Austin, and maybe help Louis too, he deserved it. Because after all he had helped me. 

I owed him.

But instead, all I could do was cry.

My mother was hugging me, trying to calm me down as I shook in her arms.
Even though she didn't understand what was happening, she was there, holding me. And I couldn't be more grateful, because that's what I needed, someone to hold me, someone to tell me everything was going to be alright. Because I was truly falling apart inside, and she was all I had left.
She didn't ask. And I didn't say anything. It was better that way.

My phone rang minutes later with a message from Austin.

Baby, when are you going to come home? I miss you.

I didn't want to go back yet, I was still feeling weak, I was choking on my own tears, and he couldn't see me like that, he couldn't see my red face and my snotty nose. Because he was going to ask, and I couldn't lie to him.

But he missed me.
That message was sweet and loving, and he didn't usually say those kinds of things, I could he was trying to make it up to me for that morning. He was trying to be better.
So I arranged myself in front of a mirror, trying to look as good as possible and only then, I returned home.

🚲

Austin had made a nice, warm, dinner for both of us. He was waiting for me with a smile on his face and a single white rose in his hand; And looked really happy to see me again, receiving me with open arms.
It had been a while since I saw him like that.

I grinned up at him, greeting him with a peck on his lips as he engulfed me in a hug.

"Hi darling." - He purred in my ear. - "How was your mom, love?"

"She is okay." - I smiled, nodding.

"I called her earlier today, because I wanted to talk to you, and she said that you had gone to the grocery store for her." - He snorted. 

I froze. 
What? He called my mom's house?
And apparently, my mother had lied for me, covered for me, not telling him I was meeting Alex Williams. 

"Yes." - I said, looking at the floor. - "Why didn't you call my phone?" 

He smirked.

"I don't know." - He shrugged, brushing his fingers under my shirt in a way that made me flinch. - "What's wrong, baby?"

"Nothing, everything is fine." - I said, forcing a smile and trying to put some distance between him and me.

Before I could move away from him, he cupped my cheeks and pecked my lips again.

"That's my boy. I love you."

And I didn't know why, but in that moment, I couldn't say it back. I didn't feel it. I just forced another smile for him.
I thought maybe this was a warning, maybe this was my heart telling me it wasn't on it anymore, maybe this wasn't really working even if I tried.
But it also was really scary. Because what was I supposed to do without him? I didn't know a life without Austin.

After dinner, I washed the dishes and we went straight to bed.
I was hoping he didn't want to have sex that night, I was still in pain from the night before, and the bruises were still adorning my torso.
Luckily for me, he fell asleep as soon as his head touched the pillow.

I only felt relief.

🚲

The following night, as Austin was at work, I decided to do something nice for him. I cooked homemade goulash and baked some cookies. In my trip to the grocery store I did not only get all his favorite treats, sodas and coffee brand, but also got a few items to redecorate the house. 

I put some effort into it, making the house look anew might be exactly what we needed for a fresh start.
I cleaned the entire house, changed the sheets, and moved some furniture around to give it a new twist. 
After I finished with it all, I felt good.
It looked good.

When I picked my phone after a few hours of no use, I saw that I had five missed calls from an unknown number.
And I was never fond of unknown callers. I was never the type to answer a call from strangers. Even less if the majority of the time they were scams.

But last time I received a call from an unknown number, it led me to Louis. So now I wondered if this wasn't related to Louis as well.

And it could be, that's the thing. Maybe he had a second phone number. Maybe he was in trouble. And everything in me was irking to know if I was right. So, I didn't think it twice before I dialed the unknown number on the screen.

"Yes?" - A man said.

"Hello?" - I asked. - "Uhm... you called me today?"

"Oh, thank God it's you." - Someone said from the other side of the line.

"Who is this?" - I frowned.

"Sorry, I'm Liam. Louis Tomlinson's assistant. I need your help."