Forty-Seven

It was as expected. Golden chandeliers, filthy rich people swarming around the ball and showing off like there was no tomorrow regardless of the fact that these people were directly or indirectly involved in mafia or illegalities of Miami. Me, Taehyung and Jimin stood in front of the entrance as the rest of the members made their way towards the other end of the location. Yep, this was a truce.

Jimin tightened the grip of his belt, as he was hiding daggers in it or something. Taehyung whereas on the other hand stood loose and tall but fully aware of his surroundings. We made our way towards the security, first went to Taehyung without any complications and tings of the metal detector. And then came a slight sound when I went in.

"It's just my pendant." and it was the one Jimin gave me. At this point of time it was inseparable from me. No lie but it was the only metallic thing on my body but the question was about Jimin. He prolly has more number of knives on him than the number of rings on his hands.

"I hope you can see my piercings and rings." Jimin lifted his hand and tilted his head a little. The level of confidence he had even in a situation like this and despite having his heart in his throat a few minutes earlier was unbelievable. The security exchanged looks with each other as the metal detector went haywire when it scanned Jimin. I was breaking in cold sweat while Taehyung's hand got wrapped around me from avoiding to freak out. It wasn't helping.

"Fine." And then a tide of relief washed over me as I heard those words. He pushed his blond hair towards the back. We scanned the ball and the orchestra along with the soft melodies were making the couples dance, except they were rotating after every limited time. "Lets go." Taehyung grabbed my hand and before I could process anything further Taehyung's arm was snaked around my waist and my hands were wrapped around him.

"I bet your soulmate is jealous." a smile played on my lips as I said those words and Taehyung being Taehyung pulled me closer to him. There was no temperament about being uncomfortable with him, he was just like a friend who would protect you at all costs and make sex jokes at every possible time. "Jimin is sure jealous of you, I mean how can he miss the chance to dance with me?" Taehyung's recent statement helped me loosen a little. He rotated me on my feet and then the next second I knew I was surrounded with a scent which was way too familiar.

"I see you're enjoying the dance." Jimin pulled me closer to him and his hand caressed my revealing thigh from the slit of the dress. No way he was doing this.

"Kinda, you see your bestie is a great dancer." I said as I looked him in the eyes. He was my height, in fact I was sure that I was taller than him if I stood straight in these heels. "But still you're better." his piercing ice cold stare was just so intimidating, it can make you weak in your knees and hella it can make you lose your balance.

"Remember, that I love you more than anything in the world." That was a sudden outburst of emotions by Jimin and I surely had no clue of how to react. "I love you too Jimin, more than anything in my whole existence. Maybe in the afterlife too I will continue to haunt you." this was the truth, an absolute one. Taehyung meanwhile was nowhere to be seen. He most likely disappeared in the shadows of the mafia's figures.

"You know black silk turns me on." his husky voice dragged me back to him from my thoughts. A second was taken to realize what he said. Turn on or turn off I wished to rip this off and come back in my black hoodie.

"You still have the audacity to say this in the middle of literal crisis Park Jimin. I mean I get it, you're horny but control yourself."

"I'm a hoe but only for you." such a flirt. But only for me. "What about the plan? What if it fails?" I said before Jimin rounded me on his finger.

"The best way to provide a failure of the plan. Is to never make one. You have to understand that Kai is not only after those papers or your empire, He's after you, he's after Jin hyung, he's after every person in Bangtan." That statement didn't fail to amaze and puzzle me. How were I related to bangtan?

"Jimin, last I checked-" Jimin opened his mouth but I put a finger on it and shut him up for once. "I'm no way in fucking hell becoming a part of this gang. Not because of the fact that I want to stay away from it. But because you are the original people, you are the ones who are the members. The idea of an eight member is absolutely not good. If it is me, this can lead to division and I want to avoid that. This gang is an example of being bad to prevent bad and I have no wish to divide this made in heaven group."

I wasn't drawing out conclusions nor I was making consequences of a situation which never existed in real life but I was just being practical. I wasn't trying to get in this gang  but if I did then there was a slight chance of getting a rift. It wasn't possible but it wasn't impossible either.

Jimin was quiet, not because he felt rejected but his lips were pursed. In a sweet but hot like hell smile. And then came the mood spoiler, the swirling sensation of dizziness and nausea. The feeling that Kai was here.

"Be careful." and then his lips smashed on mine for a second which I wanted to feel like years but it didn't. I wanted the time to stop. But it didn't. We were submitting ourselves. I was submitting myself. It took time for me to realize this but I was a feast, held for Kai.

He would get me as the gang finishes the negotiation. Or the bloodshed.

My boyfriend, my once upon rival, my lover and my soulmate, my once upon a kidnapper and lastly the man who had a thing for virgins like me rotated me on my feet again. This time I landed on a different set of arms.

I saw the same eyes when I raised them. The intricate and the heavenly jaw line. Even if I was terrified of the man, I had no denial of the fact that the man in front of me was just simply godly. His prince-like features were no way saying that he wanted to rip us apart tonight. That he wanted Jin's empire and wanted the souls of BTS to be cascaded down in the dirtiest parts of hell. The last thing, that he was fighting over Ten, the cousin we didn't even know existed.

"You look beautiful." Kai's voice was warm. Almost not even relating. I was perplexed on another level. His silver hair and the blue suit made him look like a charming prince. When in reality he was just a cold blooded unsatisfied mob boss. A word never dared to come out of my mouth. "You know that I don't like it when someone touches you." he saw, the brief kiss I shared with Jimin.

"Well, you have to deal with it." I trailed off. His hands dug on the back of his belt. As he was searching for something. A pistol came visible to my peripheral vision and before I could process anything further, the sound of shooting was audible. Kai's grip on my wrist was cutting off my circulation.

Everyone surrounding us became fully aware. They straightened their already straight backs and tightened the grips of the weapons they had in the first place. A shrill scream resonated throughout the room with golden lights and a slight smirk appeared on Kai's face. Jimin and Taehyung were nowhere to be seen. I had no idea that I would become this desperate for support. Can I be a distraction all on my own? This question was buzzing around my head and making all the other thoughts blurry.

"The party has just started darling." 

___

|<|Author|>|

I'm sorry for taking this long for such a short chapter. I was on a short vaccay, it sure helped me to calm my nerves. But turns out we are back to the daily bullshit.

ILOVEYOU. vote, follow share cause why not?