Twenty nine

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N

Class ended relatively quick, surprisingly. Sitting next to Reiner wasn't too bad since he had his mouth shut the whole time. Whenever he tried to talk to me, Levi was quick to tell him to shut up. Which was a good thing, but I still don't understand why he would let me sit next to him.

Everyone stood up after hearing the bell ring loudly. I sighed as I grabbed my stuff together, putting all of my things into my bag. I looked over to my side to find out Reiner was standing next to me, waiting.

''Who are you waiting for?''

''For you,'' he grins and puts one arm over the other as he meets my gaze. My mouth dropped slightly as one brow raised, looking very unimpressed. I cleared my throat as I sunk back into my chair, taking my phone out of my pocket and started scrolling through social media.

''Huh?'' Reiner said and I side-eyed him, ''what are you doing?''

''Reiner, do you genuinely think I want to spend any more time with you? I don't. So, leave,'' I groaned as I massaged my temples, feeling a worse headache coming up already. Reiner glared at me for a few more seconds until he rolled his eyes and thankfully left the classroom with Jean next to him.

''Are you coming with us?'' Kaguya asked while smiling, tilting her head slightly as her eyes were somewhat closed. I bit my bottom lip and shook my head, ''I want to ask Levi what's wrong.''

''Alright, we'll see you later today then, right?'' Kurumi deadpanned and I nodded my head whilst her cheeks redden. My friends walked away and I stood up, walking towards Levi who didn't care to look at me. I tapped his desk with my pointy finger, trying to get his attention. He looked up from his laptop screen to my finger, adjusting his gaze to my face. He furrowed his brows and looked at me with intense eyes.

I sigh as I take a chair behind me, sitting down on it and placing both hands on my lap. I pout as Levi and I stare in each other's for a bit, eyes not leaving each other. I inhale deeply, getting ready to talk to him, but he beat me to it.

''What's wrong, brat? Your next class is starting. Get out.''

''Levi, what's wrong with you? You're acting weird and you never cared about my other classes when you wanted to talk to me.''

Levi kept quiet as he leaned back into his chair, moving one leg over the other as he leaned his head on his hand. He watched me without saying a word as I nervously tapped my foot on the ground. Him ignoring my question started to make me tense up the longer it took.

''Reiner and Jean know.''

''Fuck, they do?''

Levi hummed, his facial expression not changing. I rub my chin as I start to think back to earlier today. So, Jean did see us. I bite my cheek as I start to feel angry. Nobody could trust Reiner anyway, especially with something like this.

''So, did they tell Erwin? Is that why you had to come to his office?''

''I don't know,'' Levi breathed out, rubbing his eyes with two fingers, ''Erwin knows, although I'm not sure if they're the ones who told him.''

''How else did Erwin find out if they didn't tell him?'' I ask Levi and he swallows thickly. I play with the hem of my uniform as I thought of every single possible way Erwin could've found out. Was he in the village too that weekend? Did he see Levi holding my hand at parentings evening?

''Anyhow, the reason why I let you sit next to Reiner is because those idiots decided to threaten me.''

''Threaten you?!'' I hiss angrily.

''Yes, threaten me. They will tell Erwin about us if I don't make it look like I'm distancing myself from you. I've decided it's the best thing to do for now, since Erwin is already suspicious of me. I told him I'm not doing anything, but if Reiner and Jean choose to tell him, he will fire me.''

''I'm sorry.'' I swallow thickly as I look at the ground, disappointment and guilt filling my body. Could we have avoided things if I had done things differently? I sigh as I throw my head back, placing my hands on my cheeks as I close my eyes.

''What exactly are you sorry for?'' Levi asks and moves his chair forwards, taking my hands off my cheeks and holding them in his. I avoid his intense glare as my eyes shift to the ground. I clear my throat whilst trying my best to find the right words to say to him.

''I shouldn't have said what I said when we first 'met' or whatever.''

''What did you say, brat?''

''I don't wanna repeat it. I hate what I said, don't make me embarrass myself even more!'' I roll my eyes playfully as I face away from him, making him remove his hands from my skin. ''You know what I'm talking about. If I hadn't tried anything, if I just continued to treat you like my teacher, as I should have, then you wouldn't risk getting fired.''

''Y/N, are you saying you regret our relationship?''

''Not necessarily'' I sigh, biting my nails. Levi stands up, attempts to straighten his blouse a little and walks over to the door. I hear a faint clicking noise and my eyes widen when I realise Levi locked the door. His hands moved onto my shoulders as he starts to massage me for a second.

''Stand up,'' he demands and I do what I get told. I chuckle awkwardly as I face Levi, who has a small smirk on his face. He places his hands on my waist, pulling me closer to him. I rest my hands on his chest as I stare into his eyes.

''I don't care if you regret this, Y/N. I knew about the risk and I know what was going to happen if things went downhill. I'll find a way to fix this.''