Forty two

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N

I stepped out of the car, followed by my five friends. We were now standing in front of a very chic restaurant. I was surely going to be broke after this dinner, but it was going to be worth it. Hopefully. I was happy to have some friends who could give me some distraction. Something I desperately needed.

After all, I wasn't sure if Levi was even going to come back. He might have given up on me completely, but, I wasn't going to think so negatively yet. It had only been a day or so, he might just text me back once the fact that he got fired had settled down.

Once he had accepted it.

''You okay?'' Kurumi asked whilst placing her hand on my shoulder. I hummed, letting her know I was fine. I was, at least I tried to be. I didn't want to let the anxious feeling take the best of me. I didn't want the feeling to ruin my days.

''He really loved you,'' Eren suddenly said, ''you could see it in his eyes! there's no way he will just give up on you. It's not that simple. His mind is probably all over the place. Although he always acted like he didn't care about his students, he did. He just never wanted to show it. he wanted to remain the 'stoic and emotionless' teacher.''

I took in a deep breath before exhaling loudly, to be honest, I didn't want to talk about it anymore. ''Mhm,'' I hummed, ''I just hope to forget about it all tonight... just for one night.'' I smiled as I saw my friends nod and I followed them into the fancy building.

We sat down at a round table in the middle of the room. The restaurant had stunning décor and the chatter of people filled my ears. Soft music was played in the background, but I could barely hear a thing of the song that was playing. I smiled as the waitress handed me over the menu card and I scanned it.

Damn, I was definitely going to be broke after this.

But it was fine. I guess.

''Fuck. This is expensive,'' Annie groaned, thinking the same thing I was. She looked at me before looking back at the card in her hands, ''I'm lucky I got my money today.''

''Same,'' Kaguya giggled, ''do you all know what you want to order?'' she asked after a few minutes. Everyone nodded and Kaguya waved at the waitress and we all ordered our food. I just went with something simple and luckily also one of my favourite meals.

''I can't believe we're going to have a prom,'' Kaguya said as she started to twirl her glass, ''I'm sure it was Hange's idea, wasn't it?''

''It has to be. She always has crazy ideas like this,'' Eren mumbled, ''But if all activities were up to Erwin, we probably had a night working on our projects. Hange actually attempts to come up with something fun.

''Well, will you guys bring a date?'' Kaguya asked as she wiggled her brows. I forgot about that. Dates. Well, it didn't bother me too much as long as Reiner wasn't going to try to ask me out. Something inside me told me he was going to, and the thought alone made me want to vomit.

''Annie,'' I began, trying to get rid of the thoughts in my mind a little, ''is your boyfriend going to be your date?''

''You have a boyfriend, Annie?''

Annie didn't say a word, instead, she simply raised her brow. I glared at her face which loomed over mine. She wasn't too happy with my question it seemed. ''E-Eh, I mean—'' I stuttered and the waitress saved my ass. She placed down five plates and another man gave our glasses a refill.

''Anyway!'' I said before digging in. Everyone started to eat and nobody said a word for a few seconds, enjoying our foods. It was nice and quiet for a second, the only noise we heard were random strangers talking to each other until Eren began to groan like a mad man.

''THIS IS SO GOOD!'' he whined and everyone widened their eyes before bursting into laughter, our laughs and Eren's ridiculous groaning caught other people's attention. Which made the situation more awkward, but also funny.

''I apologise, ma'am,'' Eren formally apologised to the elderly lady who sat close to our table, who gave him an awkward nod before looking back at her friends. I covered my mouth as I tried my best not to laugh again until someone caught my attention.

Actually, two people did.

You have to be kidding me.

I watched Hange and Levi take a seat annoyingly close to our table. They both were wearing suits, looking absolutely stunning together. Kurumi looked at me before turning her head to see what I was looking at.

''We didn't know— I swear,'' she whispered with a look of worry on her face.

''Yeah...'' I managed to breathe out. Why the hell were they here? Out of every restaurant out here, why did they have to choose the one we were at?

What is this? Some kind of fanfiction?

A million thoughts went through my mind and I couldn't think properly anymore. They weren't on a date, right? No— they can't be. But what if? Levi always acts like he dislikes her, but maybe it was all an act? Maybe he secretly has feelings for Hange?

But Hange knows about my feelings for him. She wouldn't do this to me, right? They care about me too much to do this, right? I unconsciously stood up from my chair, catching the eyes of my friends but they kept quiet. They had also seen Hange and Levi.

I walked over to the table they were sitting at, an oppressive mood started to fill the room and my heart leaped a little. If what my mind was saying was true, and they were on a date, I would completely lose it.

I stood still in front of their table, arms crossed in front of my chest with a smile, devoid of affection. I cleared my throat, catching their attention. Hange's lips curled into the biggest smile while Levi's expression didn't change— if anything; he seemed to grow even more annoyed.

''Y/N!'' Hange yelled cheerfully.