Two

TW: panic attack

TW: panic attack

There's going to be a panic attack in this chapter, please do not write any hateful comments. Please note there might be people reading this who have experienced the same thing and will read your comments which might make them feel embarrassed about themselves when there's no need for that.

Stay kind, please. 

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N

Two days had passed already and it was the day we had to present our presentations. Something I absolutely despised. I think teachers who make their students do presentations are sadistic. I mean, most people hate doing them. So, why are they even still a thing? Why can't we just take videos and present those!

The two days I had preparing for this have been hell, I have been nervous and been unable to fall asleep. A good thing is that I got really close with Kaguya and Kurumi, who also introduced me to their two other friends, Eren and Tsukasa.

The nice thing about this college is that it has dorms. You stayed here at college and went home for the weekend, which is nice, because that meant I wouldn't have to see my father so much. My relationship with my dad wasn't too good after my mother passed away. He would smoke and drink so much, literally, he would be drunk most of the time.

''I cant believe Mr Ackerman made you make this presentation in two days when all of us had 2 weeks to prepare.'' Kaguya says and pouts a little, I told her how anxious I was for this class.

''He loves to see his students struggle, maybe he gets off to that.'' Kurumi bluntly says but gets slapped by Kaguya within one second, ''you're disgusting,'' she laughs.

''I don't wanna do this presentation..'' I groan and cover my face with my hands ''I'm too anxious! I haven't done a presentation in years! I haven't been able to sleep and eat well, maybe I'll die in front of the class.''

''That would be messy, I don't think you'd get a good grade if that'd happen'' Kurumi states and her lips curl up a little.

I shake my head and breathe in deeply and the three of us walk into the classroom.

I shoot a glance at Mr Ackerman, who is typing on his laptop, not paying attention to anything or anyone but his screen.

I walk towards his desk and press my lips together. I gather up my courage and cough, trying to get his attention.

''Use your voice if you want my attention, I'm not your dog.'' He bluntly states, his eyes not leaving his screen.

''Mr Ackerman?'' I say, trying to sound as sweet as possible and smile when he looks up from his screen and meets my gaze.

''You're going to do that presentation, L/N, you are no exception.''

''But..'' I groan, my bottom lip starts to shake. No, I'm not a toddler who cries when they don't get what they want, but presentations and just presenting something in front of a crowd scares the hell out of me. I just can't do that, unless you want to see me having a panic attack.

''No,'' he sighs ''I don't care what your reasoning is nor do I care about your problems. You have to do these things in life. Stop being such a cry baby and do what you're told, brat. Go to your seat, you're first up.''

I nod defeated, my heart already starts beating faster and I feel my hands getting sweaty. I walk back to my seat and hold on to the usb stick which has all the information of my presentation on it so tight, it's a wonder it didn't explode between my fingers.

What an idiot.

⋅⊰⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅

''Y/N, you're first. Take your stuff and start your presentation,'' Mr Ackerman says as he stands up and holds his hand up, signalling me to give him the USB stick.

I walk towards him with wobbly legs and with shaking hands I gently give him what he wants. He puts it into his laptop and the screen behind him is now filled with the slide show I made. He walks away with a note book and pen into his hand and sits next to a guy who sits alone.

''A-Alright,'' I say and my voice is already shaking, sounding like I'm about to cry ''w-well I suppose everyone knows your presentation had to be about s-something you're passionate about...''

I take a quick glance at Kaguya and Kurumi who point up their thumbs, trying to make me feel like I'm doing good.

''W-Well... um... I...'' a million thoughts were running through my mind. My hands start to shake and my legs feel weak, I'm almost unable to stand. I look at Mr Ackerman who looks at me the way he always looks, cold and emotionless.

I feel my breakfast coming up and I slap my hand on my mouth.

''You're a fucking asshole.'' I mumble and run out of the classroom right on time because the second I walk out of the room my insides are being emptied on the floor. Embarrassment is completely taking over and so is sadness. I cry while running away from the classroom.

I bring my knees to my face as I sit down in the bathroom, letting the tears flow.

''Jesus, I really am a cry baby.'' I say to myself.

A few minutes passed and I slowly stand up and take a glance into the mirror. My eyes are red and puffy and my cheeks and nose are the same shade of red. I bite my lip hard and hear someone get out of one of the stalls.

''I'm sorry,'' I whisper and look down to the ground, trying to walk away.

''Y/N?'' I hear a familiar voice say, but I don't remember who the voice belongs to.

''I'm sorry, I don't know who you are,'' I say and look the girl into the eyes ''please excuse me.''

''So you dead ass forgot me? The only person who didn't make your god damn life a shit show? The only person who wanted to listen to your pathetic problems?''

I stop my tracks and turn around slowly.

"Annie?'' I whisper and my voice starts to shake.

''Yeah. Nice to see that it was so easy to forget me. Don't worry, I'll make sure you'll have a fantastic time here'' she says with a sadistic smile.

''You'll want to do what you wanted to do so badly back then.''